PDA

View Full Version : I think im going mad

Pixel
19-06-08, 20:13
Hiya everyone.

Havent been on here for a while, but im really bad at the moment. I have PTSD and health anxiety which was brought on by trauma. im really frightened right now. Ive been worrying tht im mentally ill. i kept thinking i was either pzchisofrenic or just going to just completely lose my mind. Ive been to the docto and they told me im not mentally ill which put my mind at rest but ive just started thinking what if i am crazy. ive even been thinking that people are not real. I amso scared. I have a two year old son and i keep having the thought what if hes not real. i know he is but what if i start believing the thought and stop looking aftrehim. i keep thinking how do i know people are real.

i hate this.

can anyone reassure me that this is just a symptom of my anxiety.

marie1974
19-06-08, 20:19
hiya and im sorry you feelin this way, you say u been through trauma, well wot ever it was is enough to make u feel like u do, its a natural reaction hun. you just need to give yourself time to get over this. are you having any counselling? talking is the best therapy and writing too like u are. dont be to hard on yourself, take little steps and set little goals one day at a time if u find u start over thinking keep alittle busy doing anything to take your mind off it. what u are thinking about your baby is just a thought its not real and tis wont happen hun. just focus on u both hugs, sorry i cant be more help xxx

Southern_Belle
19-06-08, 21:04
Hi,

I personally believe that because you are questioning yourself it means you are not crazy. I think insane people do not question themselves. If you really have serious doubts you could make appts. with a therapist to discuss these issues. I agree wtih Donna that trauma can cause anxiety and thus the questions. If you doubt at any time of caring for your child though, please do get help.

Take care,

Laura

Lynnann
26-06-08, 01:10
Hi Carstar,

Dissociation is a normal symptom of PTSD, your brain is trying to cope and organise an abnormal situation, it takes time. Please don't think you are losing your mind, although I do know how you feel! There are lots of things that I could tell you that would help you relate. Just believe me when I tell you it's all normal and it will get better,

Hugs to you

Lynnann

binashubby
27-06-08, 20:18
Hi - you're not going mad. My doctor has just told me that I probably have a type of post traumatic stress disorder, and the life change it has induced has caused all my problems and lack of confidence and the feeling of living in a different reality. Its apparently all part of the body's great plan in order to protect you - seems a strange way of protection doesn't it ?
Hope you get better soon. I understand what you are going through.

stephlet
23-08-08, 17:30
it may be just a huge amount of anxiety and maybe you are suffering from depersonalization or disassociation which is when you may find your environment and yourself or the people around you to be false or unsure what is real. This is due to high anxiety and a way for your body to shut down, take a break and switch off from stress.

Steph

Ozpanic
08-10-08, 02:12
Great thanks!:yesyes: