PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive thoughts and symptoms when anxious

phil06
20-06-08, 01:08
When I am anxious I seem to worry all the time and have fears of depressing coming on, going mad, worry about weight so end up doing the odd tone exercise but I am quite slim anyway but worry and just the usual fears horrible thoughts like I will get put away or somebody will come after me and all crazy thoughts on the on the symptoms page.

I find it really horrible I may get a bad image and I look all around at suddenly think crazy stuff and it stays in my mind and I go what if I am this or that..I notice when I am anxious I seem to act more funny. What can I do to relax my fears I have bad some therapy in the past and so I dunno what I can do to control my fears..

Has anybody else suffered these symptoms some months I don't get any of this especially if I have a job but the last 6 months I have had too much time to think about it.

I get fears of going mad, can't control it and I feel I also get the feeling the need to confess everything off my mind I have read people getting this with anxiety but I seem to have had a touch of all the issues like panic, depression, obsessive, and they ease off..

Then I feel overloaded at the time when I am really anxious and seem to look for answers and I even googled a few things now and again even though I come on here. The thoughts just try and convince me stuff against what I think and I confuse dreams with whats normal.

At the time of these thoughts I feel they will never go away and think the worst or the future. They just seem to over take looking up things I just end up thinking I have a million things wrong with me.

I have managed to control it today but some days it's worse. :weep: is this all anxiety again?

never2late
20-06-08, 01:27
Like you Phil, I'm what others would call a worrier, too -- even during the best of times. It doesn't matter much about what its about, I'll find something to worry about with it.

Now, to be fair, this has actually proven to be a good trait at times. Sometimes the thing(s) that I would worry about would actually happen . . . and I'd already be prepared. But, most of the time, things are fine and my worrying about them was for no reason.

Some folks are just worriers. I try not to kick myself too hard for being that way. I'm still happy when I worry (if that makes sense).

So, if you already know that you worry too much, I guess you're going to worry about the fact that you worry too much, right? So, in a sense, you're just being yourself! Good for you!

Just whistle a happy tune and put a smile on your face. Pretty soon you'll even convince yourself. That's what I do, anyway.