PDA

View Full Version : A very weird morning !

Grover
20-06-08, 08:49
About 5:30 I woke up this morning just feeling weird, a bit detached from my body. The middle of my body felt a bit numb and then I felt as if my legs were going numb and a bit rubbery. I felt like my legs might give way. I started to get more panicky. I touched the top of my feet and they felt numb.

So my GF got up with me so that I could walk around the streets to make sure I could walk. In fact I tried running and I could sprint really fast without trouble. Also after more sleep I woke up this morning, touched my feet and realised that the top of the foot doesn't have loads of sensitivity anyway, so it wasn't really numb. But I did feel really weird. I have had a similar thing well over a year ago. Lots of anxiety in my life at present.

I was just curious if anyone else has had this weird morning anxiety thing that I just described where the panic wakes you up and then starts to escalate.

Best wishes to you all :)

shiv
20-06-08, 16:28
Hi mate

Numbness: classic anxiety symptom and does tend to strike random parts of the body. I get the 'jelly legs' all the time

Siobhan

veebee
20-06-08, 16:57
Numbness is a freaky one and was my first anxiety symptom - my hands went numb for around 4 days. Nasty!

I still get numbness but has now moved away from my hands and seems to be focused in on my right shin.

There's no detrimental affect to the use of my hands or shin just in the way they feel. I hate it.