PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure

popsy
20-06-08, 14:15
Just had my blood pressure checked it was 114 over 42, nurse just nodded and said fine. But that sounds really really low to me!!! Am i being paranoid? - im obviously no doctor.:shrug:
When i asked if it was okay to be that low she just said 'oh you might find yourself getting dizzy if you stand up too quickly'!
Im worried now, is it dangerously low and what other side effects might it have????
Help!!!!! :scared15:

Pixel
20-06-08, 14:23
I dont think its too low. My cousin has low bp and hers is always 70/50. when i was pregnant another preg woman was having her bp taken and it was 75/52 and she said that was high for her.

Im sure the nurse knows what shes talking about. Why dont u phone a helpline like nhs direct they are usually pretty good.

Sorry i cant b more help because i dont really know about low bp cos im always worried about high bp!

milly jones
20-06-08, 14:46
pops hun they wouldnt have let u home if they were worried

ud be into the gp and theyd have u on meds if u were poorly hun

please try not to worry

ull be fine

and if u do need to check ring them back, tell them ur anxious and theyll tell u it will be ok

love

mills xxxxx

Trixie
20-06-08, 15:50
A persons blood pressure depends on many things age, weight, physical activity before having it taken and so on. I would be more than happy if mine was 110/78. But some people's b/p is lower than others but that is OK for them. So please do not worry.

If you want to know more http://www.bpassoc.org.uk/

london
20-06-08, 16:34
you was ok before you found out about it
so dont worry your be fine

Anna78
20-06-08, 19:41
Hi Popsy

I have really low blood preasure it usually around 65/52 wich is normal for me i have checked on several occasions with my GP and they have told me that it is better to have low blood preasure than high

Anna x

Alabasterlyn
20-06-08, 19:50
Mine is usually on the low side too, it's quite often 90/60 and my GP has always said it's nothing to worry about. Reading the link that Trixie posted it does say it's okay to have a reading the same as yours so I really wouldn't worry about it. The nurse wouldn't have said it was okay if there was anything to worry about.

ewan.valentine
23-06-08, 00:12
thats fine trust me! dont worry.

Emira7
23-06-08, 09:12
Thats fine, I had my blood pressure done a zillion times whilst in hospital and mine was about the same as yours Popsy.

Nurse said my obs were fine.

Please don't worry
xx

Alisonj
24-06-08, 04:03
The 114 is beautiful! Before I stopped my meds I had some numbers that were quite low. 70/40 etc. 40 is not really a great number. It is getting alittle too low but it is nothing to panic about. You will have to be alittle more careful when standing etc to avoid passing out. Sometimes even just adding alittle salt to your diet can bring it up. As long as you are not symptomatic then no worries but if you do start to get lightheaded often and fatigued than see your doc.