PDA

View Full Version : hello all

petegms
20-04-05, 03:09
hello everyone, im pete! hah. I just moved to new jersey from florida. Ive been having anxiety and panick attacks for almost two years now, i am 18 now. i was on zoloft, which i thought wasnt working(but i felt alot better when i was on it compared to now). They took me off that and put me on symbax, saying the anxiety disorder was part of a bi-polar disorder. Now on this new medicine i feel horrible, ive been having about a panick attack a day for the last month. All the time i seem to be worrying about my breathing, I know my body can breathe without my help so why do i always worry about it! I have a phone appointment with my nurse friday and i hope to be put on some new meds. Any medication i should recommend?

Thanks alot in advance

lainey
20-04-05, 09:16
Hi Pete

Welcome to the site, you will find lots of help and support here.

Take care

Elaine x

Meg
20-04-05, 09:42
Hi Pete,

Panic attacks are not part of bi polar by default and do you think you have bi polar too ?

Medication is not the only answer to panic attacks although thay can help greatly. What other sort of help are you getting.

Panic attacks are created from within you on an ongoing basis and are not something that just happen to you like a third party.The first few may be out of the blue but the likelyhood is that you then get into a fear cycle and cause them from your thought patterns.

I trust you've had a physical and a set of blood tests done to rule out other problems being the cause.

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Thoughts : Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=283)
More thoughts : Mind Games (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1789)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
20-04-05, 18:12
Hi Pete and welcome aboard.

Hopefully we can help you get back on track so take a read of the previous posts that Meg has suggested.

There are also quite a few posts on here about breathing problems as well so you are not alone with that.

Nicola

Karen
20-04-05, 23:01
Hi Pete

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
20-04-05, 23:54
Hi Pete

Great you have joined the site. Hope we can help you all the way.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

petegms
21-04-05, 01:34
thanks everyone. This site has been a huge help to me.
I dont think i have bi-polar and my friends/family dont think i have bi-polar. I think the nurse just said i had likely symptons and gave me medicine to get me out the door, you know how that is :/

Meg
21-04-05, 14:21
Hi Pete,

You may want to discuss with her on what grounds she has diagnosed you Bi polar on .

What you're on is actually a mixture of Olanzapine and Fluoxetine HCl- a mood stabilizer.

Try to get some CBT talking therapy arranged.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

maxine
21-04-05, 14:35
Hiya Pete,
Welcome to the site:D:D

Take care

Maxine

clickaway
21-04-05, 14:45
Welcome to the site, Pete!

If its possible, time-zone wise, why not join our chat room http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/lounge/chat/chat.html

It tends to be occupied from about 8.30 to midnight at least UK time

Take Care

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

sal
21-04-05, 22:15
Hi Pete

Sometimes the case but you really need to know what you are dealing with so make an appointment to see your doctor and work through this with him/her so at least you know what is the outcome and how to move on.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

mrupanddown
06-11-05, 19:06
I just read about your med in the paper today and the ones that I am on is not working. How has that med worked out for you?