PDA

View Full Version : anxiety question

hranee
20-06-08, 22:45
So I realized that i've been hideing from my feelings and thoughts and thats why I feel so bad and "out of it" or not in control. So now that I am mentally facing "myself" does it eventually get easier........because i've noticed that its easier at some times in the day than others...does this mean i am recovering or can I snap out of it? I'm kinda afraid of how long it will take........

Tom_M
20-06-08, 23:46
Hi hranee

It depends on the level of anxiety or depression you are experiencing. Usually, the greater the level of anxiety, or depression, the longer it takes to recover from it. If something recently as upset your feeling of well-being in life and you are now aware of what it, and can do something about it, then you could be on the road to recovery.

Tom

befuddled1
21-06-08, 02:02
Hi hranee
Recovery can be a hard process, but it depends (of course!) on individual circumstances as to how long. Often, though, once you've recognised a problem things may have to get worse before they get better, precisely because you make yourself face whatever fear it is that is driving your thought and feelings. Again, however, things differ depending on the individual case.
Are you getting some help with this?
B x

hranee
21-06-08, 02:51
no i am not currently getting any help except for reading tips on the internet. I am also taking paxil 15mg. The only thing that is bothering me at the moment is my worry about worrying about wether or not I "feel" normal. I keep checking in on myself. Then if I don't feel "nomal" then i get anxious and I start to think something is wrong with me.....its a habit and i am trying to face it but its really hard. I dont know how I got to this point....its rediculous!

Rexzooly
21-06-08, 03:03
thats the thing nothing is nomal don't judge your self just be your self others do the judging for use let them thing whatever to happy with whom you are as thats who you are but i do understand what your saying.

Hugs