PDA

View Full Version : need help/advice/feedback, please

colleen224
21-06-08, 06:17
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, and I will try to make it as short as possible.

My question is, do any of you ever get sudden, sharp pains in your head due to anxiety/panic?

I have been under a ton of stress for the last six weeks or so, since I was diagnosed with shingles. I have been to the emergency room three times in the last month and have had several panic attacks due to worry about my health and thinking that I am dying.

Ironically, when EKG, chest x-ray, mammogram (the shingles presented over my left breast) and extensive blood work all came back negative, I started to get intermittent, sharp, stabbing pains in my head. They are totally unpredictable and only last for about a second, but they scare the hell out of me.

I went to the emergency room a few days ago and had a CAT scan of my brain that came back negative, but I am still a mess and basically convinced that my brain is going to explode. I feel like I have hit rock bottom and cannot get rid of this overwhelming fear of impending doom. My heart starts to race every morning before I get out of bed because I am afraid of what might happen.

I have read that sudden sharp pain in the head is a symptom of panic/anxiety disorder, but I am having such a hard time accepting that anxiety could cause this pain. I feel like I have no control over my body anymore.

I would really appreciate any feedback that you can give me. I have never felt so scared and nearly hopeless before.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and good luck to everyone else that is dealing with anxiety problems.

Trixie
21-06-08, 06:27
Shingles are very painful and I have heard of people having it on their scalp also.

This info might help you http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/shingles/DS00098/DSECTION=symptoms :)