PDA

View Full Version : High blood pressure & chest pains

jadeybags
21-06-08, 17:37
So i go to the nurse yesterday for a new patient check. Having recently moved. I hate doctors surgeries and hospitals at the best of times. Apparently my blood pressure is high! 140 over 95. Im a 37 yr old female. Apparently my BMI is a bit high, its 27, recommended is 25 isn't it. I gave up smoking a couple of months ago, cut down the booze a bit, dont have take aways anymore, ok, am about a stone overweight at most. I walk the dog, but dont get much more exercise than that, but i get lots of sleep everynight these days. was shocked at the high blood pressure! she re did it 3 times!
i woke at 3am last night with chest pains and i'm now worried i'm gonna have a heart attack!
The nurse said i need to go back to have it checked in a couple of weeks.
What can i do to get it down, this has scared me!!???
:weep:

mandie
21-06-08, 18:32
Hi

I went to dr few days ago and my bp was 160/106

This is because i was already having an anxious day and just being in the surgery makes me anxious.

For some reason im also scared of having my blood pressure done so as soon as the dr said let me check it, i started to panic

Even though it was high he said he wasnt worried cause he knew it was because i was anxious.

I had it taken at work a few months ago and it was 135/70.

It could be white coat syndrome where your bp goes up when yr at the doctors.

please try not to worry to much, it sounds like it went up because u were anxious.

Try cutting down on salt, they do say to much salt makes your bp higher

love mandie x

jadeybags
21-06-08, 18:52
So i dont need to panic? I too hate having it done, it hurts doesn't it! I always think my arms gonna explode! lol
She wasn't all that nice to me the nurse! I am 5 foot 3 and only a size 10/12 clothes even with being nearly a stone over ideal weight for my height, yet she made me feel fat and told me to lose a bit of weight and if i keep eating crisps i could end up with Diabetes.
But even when i was pregnant, i didn't get high blood pressure. I guess i never realised how much anxiety affects your blood pressure. Ive recently come out a rollercoaster r.ship, so maybe thats not helped.

mandie
22-06-08, 18:04
No i wouldnt panic. yes i feel like my arm gonna explode to lol

some nurses can be like that, and u certainly dont seem that overweught if yr that size

sounds like its the anxiety making yr bp high. just like mine

love mandie x