PDA

View Full Version : feeling terrified

colleen224
22-06-08, 01:40
I didn't think it was possible to feel this bad. I am so terrified about what is going on with my brain. The pain I am getting on the right side of my head is scaring the hell out of me. It started out as split-second jolts that happened maybe a few times a day, but now I feel like the whole right side of my head just aches and doesn't feel right. A few days ago, I had a CT scan that came back negative, but all I can think of is tumor tumor tumor because of this pain that seems to be getting worse. I can't think about anything else and just feel so miserable. Any feedback that anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks so much.

never2late
22-06-08, 01:47
I'm not positive about this but . . . I've heard that the brain cannot feel pain. You're probably feeling tension in the muscles that go around the outside of your head (skull). Of course, I'm not a doctor -- but I don't think its your brain (or a brain tumor). Hope this makes you feel a little better on a Saturday night.

chrissy87
22-06-08, 03:58
You've had a scan and it came back negative - brilliant! So try and focus on relaxing. Have a warm bath, get plenty of sleep, drink tons of water. It might be stress, the anxiety or simply dehydration.
I've had similar headaches - the ones where you feel like you're going to pass out? Then they go after a few seconds? I've never been checked out for them but I try not to worry too much. Not so much that I start to panic at least.
Your scan came back negative. A doctor wouldn't lie or not carry the tests out properly - they're scared of being sued!