PDA

View Full Version : girley problem serious ???????/

lubylou
22-06-08, 13:26
HI ALL

i have beeen having a pain in my right arm :ohmy: (this question may be for girls only) i have the implanon (rod in your arm to prevent pregnancy) it seems to stay around that area .
although it moves up and down
i want to go the doctors but a bit embarrased because im there all the time !!!
please tell me your thoughts :unsure:

lainey
22-06-08, 13:37
Hi Luby

Could be the implant irritating or could be tension from your neck making your arm ache.
My arms ache nearly every day due to the tension caused by anxiety.

Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

Marginalia
22-06-08, 14:06
I don't know anything about the particular situation, but my general rule is: (1) for severe physical symptoms, wait a week and if it hasn't gone away make a doctor's appointment
(2) for less severe physical symptoms (I'd classify yours that way, unless the pain is excruciating, since there's nothing life-threatening about an arm pain), choose a longer set period, such as two weeks, and stave it off with painkillers and so on if you want it to go away in the meantime.

Typically what I find is that it goes way by itself after some time has passed. If not, the symptom goes away as soon as I make the doctor's appointment. Certainly it's very rarely present by the time I get to see the doctor.:blush:

(Of course, if I cancel the doctor's appointment, it usually comes back the next day, just to laugh at me :whistles: )