PDA

View Full Version : CBT lol

vernon
20-04-05, 15:26
About CBT I have started but yet again it had been put off another 6 to 8 weeks. I am in Coventry west mids and on CBT with the NHS. My doctor referred me over 2 years ago, and 12 months later I had many forms etc to fill in followed by an interview they called phase one of the treatment. Any way a couple of days before the appointment I received a call saying the person was off sick and the appointment was put of for 8 weeks. I eventually had the appointment in august 2004 and they said the CBT phase 2 would start in spring/summer 2005. I went to phase 2, which was 3 sessions at 2 hours a session for 3 weeks. This was called psycho education. They called me 2 weeks later for another Interview to ask how I got on with the psycho education and told me the final phase of CBT would start in 2 weeks that would have been tomorrow. Yesterday I receive a letter saying due to unforeseen circumstances the course has been postponed for about 6 to 8 weeks. This has really pissed me off and was looking forward to the help of the good old NHS.

nomorepanic
20-04-05, 18:43
It is really bad that you have to wait that long Vern so sorry to hear they cancelled it again!!

Nicola

carlin
20-04-05, 18:43
Vernon,
what can i say, you lost me after the first two lins, it's a joke isn't it? you get prepared for all these things and then, wham nothing-again. I live in central london, where the nhs is becoming a thing of the past.. i think it's a sorry state of affairs, and to be let down so many times, especially when suffering with anxiety, is a big disappointment take care and keep in touch. i think i've rambled on, i'm in that frame of mind today, making no sense.

kate
20-04-05, 18:47
Hi Vern,

Just about sums up the state of the NHS in the mental health department.

Hope you get onto the course as soon as possible.

Love Kate xx

kirgray
20-04-05, 19:01
Hi Vernon

My CBT I went to I had to pay for it, its disgusting the NHS. My Doc told me I would hear off the local CBT within a week and that was 3 wks ago so I decided to pay myself as I want to sort this asap its ****** expensive at £40 for a 1 hour session but I just could not wait. I feel that in the NHS there is just not enough help for people with mental health problems its sickening really anyway I'll get off my soapbox now ha ha!. Hope you get something sorted soon and try that book my therapist suggested in the meantime. :D

sal
21-04-05, 00:27
Hi Vern

Another thing that has being put off, you really dont deserve that, but hopefully when you get your appointment it will helps you loads.

Sorry again you feel you have being let down babe.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.