PDA

View Full Version : Addisons worry

precious78
23-06-08, 10:35
Does anyone know anything about Addisions? I have worked myself up into having this now.

I was reading up on hyperthyroid which I orginally thought it was - but my blood back in March was ok - and I read that adrenal problems can mimic hyperthyroid symptoms. So now I am worried there is something wrong with my adrenal glands. Help!

chalky
23-06-08, 13:43
Hi Precious,

Go and see your Doctor.Talk your concerns over with him.
If you have an underlying medical condition,then get it diagnosed.If you have Anxiety,deal with it.
Be careful with the reading up-it can be like Googling- pure and total stress inducing.
Best wishes,
Chalky

precious78
26-06-08, 11:12
Have seen my Dr and am having my cortisol level checked. Still a little worried about my adrenal function but I am trying to put it out of my mind. Easier said that done.

ShineUK
03-08-08, 19:26
Hi,
I actually have Addisons or Adrenal insufficiency as some call it. What is making you feel that you have it? I have had it for 14 years or more.

precious78
04-08-08, 09:48
Well my test came back normal cortisol levels so I was told I was ok and to stop worrying.

I think I am just feeling so tired, especially in the morning and also I was getting shakes which still happen occassionally.

How are you coping with addisons and what are your main symptoms - sorry if that is too nosy.

yanksforever
05-08-08, 19:26
Don't google!!! Google has told me I have hyperthyroidism, leukemia, brain tumor, liver cancer, liver cirrohsis, colon cancer, renal failure, bowel cancer.....it's a vicious thing!