PDA

View Full Version : blurred vision when shopping

jacki
23-06-08, 12:19
hi,
was wondering if anyone else suffers this.

use to be fine ( long long time ago ) or so it seems

when i use to go shopping as soon as i walked into a shop my eyes seem to go blurry and i get a floaty sensation
use to rush around the shop and get what i needed,

its just not worth the hassle so i stopped shopping

but lately it seems to happen when am in the house as well, especially when am on me own

is this just another part of my panic or could it be something else

maddie
23-06-08, 14:29
Same happens to me. All part of the anxiety. I've had my eyes checked by doc and optrician. Both said the same - relax! Ha!

Southern_Belle
03-07-08, 15:22
Hi,

It does happen to me in the stores but I think it is due to all the clothes and is an allergic reaction to perhaps the dyes or dust. My eyes just blur and I can't stay in the stores for very long. If it is also happening in your home though I would also say it is anxiety. As your eyesight checks out I would not worry about it.

Laura xxx

chellebelle
05-08-08, 02:22
Both me and my mum (who doesn't suffer anxiety) get really blurry vision when shopping. I find that it gets really bad when shops have flurolescent lighting. I think you'd be surprised at how many people actually do get blurred vision while shopping - even the "normal" ones :)

joyce1980
05-08-08, 09:29
Both me and my mum (who doesn't suffer anxiety) get really blurry vision when shopping. I find that it gets really bad when shops have flurolescent lighting. I think you'd be surprised at how many people actually do get blurred vision while shopping - even the "normal" ones :)

That's exactly what I was going to say, it really is the lights:shades:

gary_2.0
05-08-08, 09:45
I'm not sure if it's related or not but I used to experience a light-headed sensation - but only in certain shops.

I used to put it down to air conditioning, rightly or wrongly. I really don't consider it was a part of the anxiety.

I'm using the past tense because I go shopping so rarely these days, I don't know if the experience would be the same.

Perhaps someone reading this knows of any research conducted in this area? If there are no replies to this effect I'll have a look into myself.

mabelina
13-08-08, 16:57
This was my very first symptom of anxiety/panic attacks. It came on my all of a sudden 11 years ago and only when i would be shopping. I would be fine outside but as soon as i entered a shop, everything would blur and id feel dizzy. My doctor put me on Sertraline and within no time, i was back to myself.

Anxious_gal
13-08-08, 17:05
I find that shops with certain lighting have that effect on me

titchjd
13-08-08, 17:06
Hiya ...yeah this is one of my main symptoms...along with giddyness.
I had my eyes tested and they are fine but they did me some glasses with a tint for when I was at work as I work in a supermarket (well off at the mo due 2 anxiety and agro)

I also wear sunglasses alot even if its cloudy as outside seems sooo bright .

best wishes
Titch xxx

Allye
13-08-08, 17:28
I still suffer with this - I think it is a combination of the amount of people, the air conditioning and the lighting which then sets off the anxiety. I have got better - I used to abandon trollies half way round!