PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pains And Feeling Awful Today!!

andrewjdavid2005
20-04-05, 18:23
Earlier i was sat down and i got up and i had a massive sharp pain in my chest in my heart area that lasted about 10 seconds was very frigtening should i be worried about this? maybe worried about having a heart attack or something? i had an ECG about 8 months ago and that was fine.
But i do have high cholestrol levels, can anxiety give you pain in your heart area like this?
I am worrying about it has even though i have had anxiety and panic attacks for quite awhile i have never experienced this before!
I have just moved from down south to up north about 3 weeks ago to be with my partner and she has 3 kids and im not used to any of this i think that may be why i am feeling so bad and gaggin for air and faint all the time and weak!

carlin
20-04-05, 18:34
Hi there,
so sorry that you are having a few problems right now, i'm not medically qualified, but can almost guarantee what you felt was not a heart attack or anything more than a muscle spasm or something just as innocent.. it's just that once something like that happens, ours minds immediately go to the worst possible senario. If you had medical checks a short time ago, i would be re-assured by this, they are professionals, they don't make too many mistakes. I think, maybe your new set-up family wise, may be causing a little upset, change of routine, big time, adapting to all the new routines etc... take your time, take it easy and keep in touch.

nomorepanic
20-04-05, 18:38
Andrew

I used to get stabbing pains like this and was really worried about them but the doctor didn't seem too bothered so I guessed it was anxiety.

I good stretch of the chest should help relieve it. Reach your arms up and then back a bit - bringing the shoulder blades together. It does help to exercise the chest area as well as anywhere else that aches.

I am sure you will be fine so try not to worry about it ok?

Nicola

Meg
20-04-05, 18:53
I used exactly this in my example:
Need some coping methods (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3185)

If it was a one off stab then its very unlikely to be a heart attack and more likely to be your innards moving about a bit.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...