PDA

View Full Version : My Final Checkup is Tomorrow

never2late
23-06-08, 16:14
What I hope will be my final checkup with my family doctor will be tomorrow morning (tues). There are two important aspects to this visit:

1 . . .
3 months ago, I was to decide what route I wanted to take with my panic/anxiety, and let him know: a 6-month medication regimen (prescribed by him); or a referral to a counselor. 3 months ago I opted for working this all out on my own (with an emergency prescription for xanax to be taken as needed).

I am happy to say that I am going to tell him tomorrow that neither will be necessary. I have not a trace of either panic nor anxiety left. In fact, the actual memory of having it at all is now beginning to fade quickly. I think by him just looking at me and listening to me that he, himself, will see that I'm probably in better condition (both mentally and physically) than even he is (maybe I'll even ask him if there's anything I can do or suggest to help HIM).!!! :winks:

2 . . .
When my last really bad panic attack happened, my blood pressure was measured at the office at 198/116. I was immediately placed on blood pressure medicine (Lisinopril). With my visit 3 months ago, he said that if my blood pressure numbers were as good as they have been, that he would take me off of the medicine this visit. So I am REALLY looking forward to that. My morning BP has been avg: 114/70 and my late day BP has been 123/78.

I have found that the Lisinopril makes me a little fatigued at times.

I'm as ready as I'll ever be and I'm feeling strong and confident.

never2late
24-06-08, 17:48
Check up went well and, as I had hoped, I've been taken off my Lisinopril blood pressure medicine.

I'm going to continue working "as is" on my recovery from panic/anxiety -- although he stated that options are always open should I choose to explore at any time.

Of course, they now want me to have other types of tests done that a man in his 50's should have done (prostate, etc.) . . . so either they truly care about my health, or they don't want to loose me out of the health care system and the money that it generates. I guess depending on my mood of the day, my thoughts on that could go either way.

In any case, I would like to say farewell to folks here at NMP. I have decided that it's time to move beyond typing words on a TV screen, and moving 100% back into the non-online world.

It is a great resource that you have here, and for the short time that I have been a participant, it was a pleasure "meeting" many of you through posts and PM's.

Take care everyone . . . and you know that I truly hope that each and every one of you find the peace from panic and anxiety that you desire. I know that there have been a lot of success stories here -- some permanent, others not so permanent -- and I have no idea what mine will be. But I do know that I now have the skills to deal with "just about" anything that will come my way in the future.

During the bad periods, long before I registered, this forum was a God-send in the middle of night when panic would be at its worst. Your words and stories would provide not only a type of companionship, but also understanding that no one goes through this alone.

Best of luck to you all.

mandie
24-06-08, 18:20
Best of luck to u.

love mandie x

nomorepanic
24-06-08, 21:20
Good luck and glad you are doing so well now.

Zingara
24-06-08, 21:29
All the very best, we'll miss you! xx

Tricky Tree
25-06-08, 11:43
Good luck to you.