PDA

View Full Version : More Worry/MRI

turnthelighton
23-06-08, 16:27
Its me again, sorry about this.

About 3 years ago I had a MRI becuase I was experiencing some tingling, strange feelings down my left side.

When the MRI came back it was not normal had had two white sports on it. I was freaked out but the neurologist said was cholestrol spots and nothing to worry about, apparantly it was in the wrong place for anything to worry about!

I am now wondering/worring that they maybe something wrong with me as I have the floaters/looking throught rain vision and the tremor in my left hand.
I know I have been to the doctors and they have explained these symptoms but what it!

I could have MS or Brain Tumor or something.

I have not googled which is a first for me as I thought I would come on here first.

Why oh why can I not rest.

I hope you understand. I think I should change my name to worried for a change.

turnthelighton
23-06-08, 19:27
I get even more worried when I get views on my post but no replies. I think I will go and try and relax listen to some cd's

teabag
23-06-08, 19:39
Hey there! I get hand tremors too but have been told its stress. You could always go back to the doctor and ask them about it. Relaxing will be good as sometimes we imagine things or our body is reacting to stress and worry by shaking and being tired. Being tired is definately a symptom of anxiety and can affect vision. Good luck and hope you manage to relax a bit. xx

Charlottie
23-06-08, 19:44
Have you been to the doctors since the new symptoms appeared?

turnthelighton
23-06-08, 20:34
Yes, I was only at the doctors last week about my hand tremor and I have had the funny vision for a year now. Looking at my first post I realise how many spelling errors I made!

AmyB
23-06-08, 21:00
I also had a white spot on my MRI and was told it was nothing but like you worried myself sick. I convinced myself that the white area is to blame for all my symptoms. I have an appointment with a neurologist in a few weeks so he can explain more about the white area and hopefully put my mind at rest.

turnthelighton
23-06-08, 21:20
Thanks for your reply. Good Luck with the neurologist, I would be interested to see how you get on. As I say the neurologist did not seem to be alarmed by my two white spots.

If you dont mind me asking what are your symptoms?

AmyB
17-07-08, 22:09
Hi turnthelighton

I had my appointment with the neurologist today and he has reassured me that the white area on my scan is absolutely nothing and is seen in many people.
He discharged me after doing a number of simple neurological tests and thinks most of my symptoms are anxiety related which is still hard to believe.

My main symptoms started with dizziness, pressure behind my eyes with occasional headaches, numbness down one side, blurred vision (i needed glasses!) and severe anxiety and panic!!!

I am reassured that nothing was found on my scan but like i said it's still hard to believe that anxiety is the reason behind all my symptoms.

turnthelighton
18-07-08, 09:28
Hi turnthelighton

I had my appointment with the neurologist today and he has reassured me that the white area on my scan is absolutely nothing and is seen in many people.
He discharged me after doing a number of simple neurological tests and thinks most of my symptoms are anxiety related which is still hard to believe.

My main symptoms started with dizziness, pressure behind my eyes with occasional headaches, numbness down one side, blurred vision (i needed glasses!) and severe anxiety and panic!!!

I am reassured that nothing was found on my scan but like i said it's still hard to believe that anxiety is the reason behind all my symptoms.

Hi Amy, that is good news I know it is hard to accept that the symptoms we have is anxiety. My doctor said white spots can come with age as well but I am only 38! If you dont mind me asking how old are you?

:)

AmyB
18-07-08, 09:42
I'm 30 on sunday!!! The consultant said this too me as well.