PDA

View Full Version : Hi,everyone "please help"

anxietysucks3
20-04-05, 21:13
Hi,im a 21 year old male who has been suffering from severe anxiety\panic attacks for aprox 4 years.I have many phobia's as well.Such as 'fear of choking,driving alone exc. Id like to chat with anyone who has had any success with over comming anxiety.I have a question i would love everyone to answer. What kinda jobs does everyone have and what kinda jobs are good for people with this disorder?I currently have a job but its only temporary.Your answers will help me alot ..Thanks to everyone who replys :-) Justin you can email me here or at justin@jaccommunications.com

sal
20-04-05, 23:59
Hi Justin and welcome aboard.

We all suffer and unfortunately we all have different symptoms and as indivduals what will suit one as employment wont suit the other depending on the levels of suffering.

I would suggest for you something very low key that can give you chance to build on your confidence and give yourself space and time to get through this.

I hope we can help you through it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
21-04-05, 19:06
I work in computers so it can be stressful when they go wrong!!

Everyone handles different jobs in their own way so I guess that a job that someone else does would not suit me etc.

Nicola

florence
21-04-05, 21:00
Hi Justin

Welcome to the site, you'll find loads of support here, we all have anxiety related problems too, and I share with you the fear of driving alone.
I work part time as a caterer assistant in a golf club, which can be stressful and tiring at times, but I am much better at work than at home doing nothing left with too much time to think.
I think , for me the ideal job.... the job that would help me with anxiety and make me feel good, would be to work with animals, either in an animal clinic, or rspca....etc.
I intend to overcome the fear of driving or at least "manage" it , I am doing hypnosis at the moment, which i think is a very good therapy.
Best wishes.

Florence

**See the world more as it is, less as what you are.**

henri
21-04-05, 22:06
hi justin,
i don't think there is such a thing as an ideal job - i thought i was in my ideal job when my panics started. i think the key is to find something that you feel confident doing, at a pace that suits you.
take care,
henri x

sal
21-04-05, 22:20
Hi Justin

Both your posts are very similar so i would suggest people help you on this one, otherwise you are getting the same answers twice over.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

mumof4
22-04-05, 10:44
I know how stressful work can be i work in a pertol station and when my attacks were so bad it was a nightmare espeacaly when my work was really busy i used to have to go outside to calm down and have a smoke.