PDA

View Full Version : Really not feeling ok today!!

jellybean43
24-06-08, 14:07
Hi
I know everyone must be sooo sick of me on here!!
I have good and bad days.
As most know the doc has put me on PROPRANALOL for migraines but also to help with my HA.
I was on PIZOTIFEN for migraines---had been for the past 5 years and was ok on them. They did act like a sleeping tablet as i believe they are a antihistamine but all in all they were ok and did the job. I maybe only had a classic migraine(blurry vision) about 3 times a year which i can cope with!!
Sooooo when i asked my new doc about my migraines(when i went about my HA) he said i may be better on propranalol to kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak.Plus i am waiting for CBT.
Right., so i have been taking them for 8 days now and on Friday of last week(about day 5) i started getting itchy hands. I totally freaked out as this is a symptom of lymphoma which is my fear(as most of you know!!!).
I rang the pharmacist today and he said that this is due to the fact that beta blockers affect your circulation and to give it a couple more weeks and it should pass.
All i can now think about is lymphoma and i just want to stop these propranalol and prove it is them.
Do you think i am going crazy? I would be happy to just go back on the pizotifen and have the CBT!!!
Sorry to waffle. I am having a bad day as i am in on my own today and this really doesnt help my HA.
Plus i have OH telling me to just continue with them and that he can see a difference in me and that i am now having good days. But it is the itching that is freaking me out.
Sorry to go on!!!!
x

milly jones
24-06-08, 15:38
aww j bean give us a hug xx

im sorry hun that ur so distressed

i dont have ha so i cant understand but i do empathise

all u can do it talk to ur gp so hes aware that the side effects are upsetting u hun

mill xxxxxx