PDA

View Full Version : DOes this happen to you??

KOKO23CAT
24-06-08, 14:57
I woke up this morning thinking 'I've felt alright for a while now, I must have this anxiety thing licked' and immediately regretted it. I've thought this before and its always a sure fire way to bring on a bout of the wobblers!! I was enjoying a nice relaximg walk with a friend by the water, just chatting and wham! Heart pounding, wobbly legs etc etc . . What a pain in the arse. And you know when it bites that it won't go away for a while. I just don't understand what triggered it. I've always suffered with health anxiety but I've been keeping it in check for the last year or so. I had my second child 3 months ago and at the beginning of the pregnancy I got a sharp pain in my left side which frightened the life out of me, I thought it was an eptopic. It wasn't so they just put it down to stretching ligaments. But it just hasn't gone away. The doctor told me its just constipation, which i also have (lol) But it just plays on my mind, its there every day and sometimes it's really bad. It really annoys me that i think like this.

Sorry for the rant

much love

shiv
24-06-08, 17:39
Yeah thinking about panic does seem to bring it on. And the pain in the side I get that excrutiatingly so. Hasn't killed me yet so must be wind or constipation. Sorry TMI!!!

Siobhan x

mtatum4496
24-06-08, 17:46
I can understand. I seem to be in a pattern where I may have a day that I experience a relatively low amount of anxiety and I begin to get a little hopeful - then I have another day where I want to pull away from everything and everyone and drop into a hole because I am so nervous and high-strung.

My logic tells me there will be ebbs and flows as I move forward, but my mind sometimes wants to just give up when I have one of those bad days.

It is maddening, it is frustrating, and sometimes I would love to have a punching bag and a soundproof room where I could let the frustrations out with full force.

But for now I will claim what progress is happening, and remind myself things are not as bad as they were a few months ago - even though that attitude is sooooo hard to keep when a strong wave of anxiety seems to appear out of nowhere.