PDA

View Full Version : CBT

Lilith1980
24-06-08, 15:21
Hi all

Have just been reading the positive feedback regarding CBT which has given me a great feeling after my day today :)

I went for an assessment today at my local mental healthcentre. Have been quite stressed lately over the wedding just in terms of money, but that is something I am doing things about and just need to be patient!!! :blush:

The main thing are my insecurities and sometimes the need for "approval" from others. This is kind of the "last" thing that needs sorting in me I feel. I have grown in confidence so much in the last few months but cant seem to shake nagging doubts about if I am good enough for my b/f etc.

Anyway, the lady I saw said it looks like I have put in a lot of groundwork and thinks that CBT would be really good for me. I am so pleased, that is the therapy I was hoping she would suggest :D

So she is going to get back to me as to whether I will be put straight on the list or have to go back to my GP to be referred there but now I have a direction to move in so am feeling much more positive about it - just wanted to share :)

Jo xxxxx

milly jones
24-06-08, 15:46
go lil

cbt is great for helping change negative thinking

there are 2 sites that use cbt too

livinglifetothefull and moodgym that u may want to check out

mill xxx

cece
26-06-08, 00:08
I hope you do get it Lilith, because if you work hard on the exercises it will help you feel so much better:)

Lilith1980
26-06-08, 15:45
I got a call and have to see a CBT therapist on Monday and then we can go from there, so things are moving quicker than I thought :)

I think its a new initiative in Stoke providing CBT for more people which is great, so I'm glad I am going to benefit from it.

Jo xxxxx

cece
27-06-08, 18:08
That's great to hear:yesyes: Let me know how it goes?