PDA

View Full Version : Glastonbury

rhowes2000
21-04-05, 10:42
Sorry if this is the wrong place but I wasn't sure where to put it!

A friend rang me last night asking if I wanted to go to Glastonbury, I would have to work 5 hours a day but all facilities tickets meals etc are all free. I jumped at the chance before thinking a little more carefully!! Firstly I would have to drive and 90% of the time I have pa's if I go near a motorway, should I explain this to my mate first do you think or just try and deal with it? Also i'm worried about feeling ill when i'm actually there, i have no real problems going out bu this is a bit of a different thing. I am considering trying cipralex anyway do you think its worth starting it now to help me get free of the symptoms for a while?

vernon
21-04-05, 16:14
Wow my son would love that; he tried again this year unsuccessfully to get tickets. About the driving, does your friend not drive? Or could you go by train? Don’t know if that would panic you, but my answer is yes go for it it sounds great and maybe you will feel much better once there and your mind is occupied. If you don’t go you will kick yourself after. tc. Vernon

rhowes2000
21-04-05, 16:22
I had to act quickly apparently so I have chosen to go. thanks for the help Vernon. My friend has only got a provisional licence but he can drive well we've agreed to go the scenic route (avoiding motorways) so thats a relief! Cant wait now!

vernon
21-04-05, 17:55
I used to use a lot of the old roads and sometimes with all motoway trafic it can be quicker. Well at least its safer and you have things too look at pluss u can stop for a break at any time. have a good time Vernon

doddy
21-04-05, 22:43
glastonbury....yep youd better go!!! lol....or I will!!!

you will have a great time im sure........the distraction and entertianment will be great for you.......

wish i was going!!!!

do u need the meds?? you sound quite positive to me, but your chocie

make the drive an adventure, lots of stops for time to have a rest, play games have a laugh, plan which stages to watch......you will be fine im sure

something to look forward to so dont worry about it, plan a great four days and relish the opportunity.

a very jealous doddy!! lol

Rennie1989
28-04-05, 16:50
Wow Glastonbury!!!!!!! I envy you!

Have a brill time if you go, if you dont i could go ;) lol

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

seh1980
28-04-05, 18:11
[Wow!] lucky you!! I'm sure that you'll be so excited that you'll forget all about your anxiety..Hope you have a great time!! :D