PDA

View Full Version : jumpy heart at 3am!

mothermac
25-06-08, 03:26
Hi everyone
Really having another bad night again. Didn't get to sleep until about 12 midnight and woke up suddenly about half an hour ago with palpatations. I had an E.C.G 3 days ago so i daren't go back and moan again the doc will think i'm stupid. I just want to have a decent nights kip,I feel really lost at this moment and tired.

panicagain
25-06-08, 05:58
I'm so sorry:hugs: I wish i had advice but i have palpitations myself so i just wanted to let you know your not alone. I'm having them as i'm typing:mad:

BeltaineInchy
25-06-08, 11:47
Try putting some water in the fridge and some ice cubes. If you wake with palps try chewing the ice-cubes or drinking the icy water, it often has the effect of shocking them away.

No seriously it does

A beer fridge by the side of the bed saves going downstairs :)

Inchy
/|\

Emira7
25-06-08, 13:42
I had some out of the blue jumpy palpitations last night also. takes you totally by surprise doesn't it.

I second what inchy says. Also deep breaths in and out, I did this in hospital and it worked a treat.

Your not alone, thats the main thing, and palpitations are just another thing with this darned anxiety!

Ems

mothermac
25-06-08, 15:57
Thanks very much for all your advice,it's nice to know that I have some folks on my side who know what I'm going through.My hubby gets sick of me sometimes especially in the middle of the night when I wake him up with a panic attack again,I suppose it will get boring after a while,anyway thanks again and yes Beltaineinchy I will try the water and ice,sounds good.mothermac xx

jodie
25-06-08, 16:43
hiya

inchy is right ice dose help,so dose trying to sneeze:shrug: not sure why that works but that is what my doc told me and it stops mine somtimes .
dont feel silly about going back to your doc that is what he is there for hun

jodie x:hugs:

peter34uk
25-06-08, 19:32
Breath in & Hold your breath for 10 secs. It'll stop them in its tracks!