PDA

View Full Version : need to vent

colleen224
25-06-08, 04:37
terrified, i am so very terrified. i swear, i feel like i am going to have a stroke. i went to see the doctor today and now i am going to have an MRI of my brain and see a neurologist. i want to get the MRI as soon as possible, but i won't be able to see the neurologist my doctor referred me to until early August. i just feel like i am going to die any minute now, either from whatever time bomb is ticking in my brain or from a panic attack. god, i feel so hopeless and helpless. either my panic disorder is completely out of control or there really is something terribly wrong with me from a medical standpoint. then again, maybe it is both. i am only 36 years old and I DO NOT WANT TO DIE! i don't want to leave my wonderful fiance and everyone else that i love. please let me find the inner strength that i need so desperately. :weep:

Trixie
25-06-08, 06:38
Why do you think you have a time bomb ticking inside your skull?:)

colleen224
25-06-08, 07:17
Hi Trixie,

I just don't know what else to think. I have a localized area right next to the top of my right ear that is soooo painful. I can't lay on that side and between that and the panic, I just feel awful. I have been sick for two months now, first with shingles and now this head pain, and I feel like I am never going to be healthy again. The head pain started as intermittent split-second jabs of pain at the bottom of my head on the right side, but now it has localized to the area by my ear and I am in constant discomfort. I had a CT scan a week ago and was told it was negative, but since the pain is still there my doctor recommended an MRI and evaluation by a neurologist. I am just a mess, feeling scared, depressed and constantly panicked. Sorry, I know it must sound like I am having a major pity party for myself, but it is the truth.

Trixie
25-06-08, 14:16
Hi Trixie,

I just don't know what else to think. I have a localized area right next to the top of my right ear that is soooo painful. I can't lay on that side and between that and the panic, I just feel awful. I have been sick for two months now, first with shingles and now this head pain, and I feel like I am never going to be healthy again. The head pain started as intermittent split-second jabs of pain at the bottom of my head on the right side, but now it has localized to the area by my ear and I am in constant discomfort. I had a CT scan a week ago and was told it was negative, but since the pain is still there my doctor recommended an MRI and evaluation by a neurologist. I am just a mess, feeling scared, depressed and constantly panicked. Sorry, I know it must sound like I am having a major pity party for myself, but it is the truth.

Did they mention trigeminal neuralgia?