PDA

View Full Version : Total Meltdown over skin cancer

panicagain
25-06-08, 05:17
Ever have a total meltdown? I'm Completely freaked out right now! I know its partly my fault cuz i just found out today that i might have melanoma skin cancer, i went to a dermatologist to get a mole checked and he said it doesn't look good:weep: So what did i do,,,,i came home and started googling, i know not smart but i convinced myself if i looked for melanoma "support groups" i wasn't really googling i was just trying to find "support" and i read alot of stories now i'm worse than ever, I think i'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown,,,I'M SO SCARED!!! I don't wanna die,,,,i know none of us do but we always talk on here about different issues that we "feel" that we have cuz we have symptoms, i've had them all too (heart attack, all cancers, etc) But now i may actually have something that will kill me! My brother died in "98" from melanoma and i hear it runs in families so i'm doomed, i just know i am:weep: I have a 3 yr old daughter that will grow up without knowing me, she wont even remember me and my 16 yr old will remember me but will grow up without me. I know this is such a depressing post but i just had to get my feelings and fears out. I'm sorry. I'm just really afraid right now and don't know what to do with myself:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

Trixie
25-06-08, 06:34
The lady who work in one of our local shops had a melanoma on her leg. She had it removed, that was ten years ago and she is fighting fit.:yesyes:

You haven't ignored the mole as some people might do and that is good. Your doctor seems to be on the boil so that is good also.

Calm down now and relax, just because someone in your family died from one it doesn't mean you will. Focus your mind on getting it removed ASAP.:flowers:

Janieb
25-06-08, 08:37
Yeah my brothers ex fiance had skin cancer and had it removed more then 10 years ago, she is fine, saw her the other day....anyway not to sure if you read the news but they are claiming to have a cure for skin cancer. Or they cured a guy and he has been cancer free for 2 years after having it spread and all sorts. Not to sure how true these claims are I got it off SKY news.

Anyhow the doctor said it was a MIGHT you have to hold onto that, plus at least you had it checked out so if it is anything bad you possibly have caught it early, early detection is the key to survival.

I hope you get some good news back from your tests!! keep thinking positive as hard as it may be.

Take care,
Janie

EmmaJane
25-06-08, 09:23
Hi,

I can understand how you feel, with your brother having it, but as has been said before, you caught it early.

Plus, he died in 1998 ( mine died in 99 ). Thats 10 years ago and medical cures have come a long way since then.

Im not going to say calm down, because it is going to be very hard to do. People without anxiety problems, will be worried over this. Its a natursl reaction.

Maybe try and do some relaxation techniques. Guided CDs may help as they will try and put your mind somewhere else.

What is the next step for this now?

scooby28
25-06-08, 16:26
The mole i had removed last year was a melanoma skin cancer which is the worst, they cut it out said it was cancerous then cut a bit more out to see if it had spread, it hadn't luckily and i just have a scare on my back and have to go for regular check up's.
Chances are if they have caught it early you may experience the same sort of procedures, i basically had 4 weeks in stitches in that was it really but it is different for everyone and also depending where the mole is i guess.