PDA

View Full Version : Help with Heart beats. . . . . ???

demelza
25-06-08, 12:04
Hello. I have been getting palpatations in my heart since I was 15 years old and I am now 31. I was interested and excited having just read the page on Etopic heart beats, because it said that it is not something to be worried about and women can go ahead and become pregnant etc. My palpatations are secretely my reason for not getting pregnant until now. So the information made me happy - until I re-read it and realised that it states that people may feel the etopic beat for up to 3 beats. Well I've had it for 3 hours !!!! My whole body beats, you can see it in my neck, my fingers, everywhere and it can last for anything between 30 seconds and 3 hours. The fastest it has ever been is 219 beats per minute. People always say go to the doctor. I have been several times over the years but whenever I get there my heart has gone back to normal (which it does all of a sudden - it does not slow down gradually) and the ECGs don't show anything abnormal. The drs have said stop smoking, stop coffee, are you stressed etc. . . . but I am not a stressed person, I don't have anxiety, and I didn't smoke when it first started happening to me! Please does anyone have any information on this because what I have been reading is perhaps not for me atall, perhaps I have another thing? I would love to have children but this has always secretely stopped me and I have always made up other excuses.
I just found this website today. It is a God-send !!
Thankyou :blush:

Emira7
25-06-08, 13:47
Your right this website is a godsend :welcome:

Well I have had ECGs now all normal and I still get lots of palpitations, the last ones were last night. I get them more if I am due on, def hormonal.

I would say if your ECGs are fine then you should be clinically fit to have children.
What I would reccomend is going to your doctors and saying you would like to start a family and are worried about ectopics etc... Please don't read up on stuff, get proper advice from here/GP.

There are plenty of us on here that are pregnant/mummies that can help you and vouch for the fact we are still here after having babies.

Kids are a fantastic thing, and it would be such a shame to lose out on that.

Not sure if I have helped at all

Good luck
Ems
x

shiv
25-06-08, 16:03
Hi there, I've had this problem for many many years and had it particularly bad in 2006 (just read some of my posts back then- oh lord!). I've been through 3 (healthy) pregnancies and natural births and ,apart from the last pregnancy, they didnt trouble me. I had a run of ectopics for part of the pregnancy (in 2002) and had every single heart test possible- no probs; in fact my cousin had the same in one of her pregnancies. But in all honesty I never felt ANY anxiety in any of my pregnancies because I think you are so focused on this life inside that you forget about your own imaginary ailments and although i definitely dont want any more kids i've often thought wouldn't it be nice to be pregnant and escape from some of this crap in my head for 9 months!

If you want kids and you've been checked out- go for it: it'll be the beat thing you've ever done

Siobhan

demelza
25-06-08, 23:07
Thank you Ems and Siobhan. I will take your advice, it is very very much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to write to me.:hugs:
xxxxx