PDA

View Full Version : update 2

gaza448
25-11-03, 00:48
Hi all i wrote an update a couple of weeks ago about my panic attacks and added a post at the end about my dad being given only a couple of weeks to live tonight after three weeks of suffereing he passed away at home tonight and i have too say i am heart broken even trying to prepare myself it still devastated me losing my dad. I saw him earlier before and he didn't even know who i was.

God Bless You Dad
R.I.P

p.s I haven't had any panic attacks though

benoo5
25-11-03, 01:26
gary,my friend,

ime so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad...ive been there myself,and know exactly how your feeling tonite.

the next week or so,are going to be the hardest,but i know you now,your a great guy,and your dad has known you as a great son.

even though hes gone from this world,trust me,hes watching over you,and he wants the very best from his son...when you go back in the ring,its for dad,make him proud of you gary...cos hes up there...saying thats my boy! keep posting matey...bryan.

diana
25-11-03, 03:25
Hey Gary,

I know you must be in such pain tonight. I am so very sorry for your loss, and the fact that your dad suffered. I am weeping sitting here reading this post. Good for you though making it without any attacks. Like Bryan said, I too believe even though the body is still the spirit lives on. You will find memories of him through your children and seasons, music etc. This is going to be a trying time for you all I know, just remember we are here for you. If you just need to get on and vent your pain or anger or whatever it is you are feeling, just pop on and vent, we are here to lend a shoulder and ear. May God bless you all through this somber time, and keep you all strong and well.

Take Care Gary and God Bless You All

Love Diana xoxoxo

Meg
25-11-03, 16:45
Dear Gary,

So sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad. It sounds good that he died hopefully peacefully at home after what was quite a short period. Good for him .Harder for you all though but I don't think anyone really is prepared to lose a parent.

Grieve well Gary, get it all out as often as you need to and don't try to 'get over it' too quickly. Unexpressed emotions often emerge as panic/anxiety at a later date.

You will have many, many special moments to remember - both from your childhood and from seeing your children with their Grandad. It's helpful to really relive a few of those more powerful/vivid ones quietly and peacefully and them store them close by in your mind so you can draw on the strength of those particular ones at any really hard point over the next few months.

We're here for you - how are the rest of your family doing ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
25-11-03, 16:50
Gary,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. Hopefully he passed away peacefully and his pain is now over.

Thinking of you and Take Care
Lucky

gaza448
25-11-03, 17:07
Hello all thankyou for your support unfortunately my dad did not pass peacefully. My mom who is the same age has watched her mom, her dad, two brother in-laws and both her mother in law and father in law die from cancer and she said it was the worst she had ever seen. I was not there but my brother and mom were. My mom was very angry, she had sort of accepted he had to go but she was wishing he could go peacefully and he didn't. I just hope she will be ok

Thankyou Gary

Lottie32
25-11-03, 18:00
Dear Gary

My dad died of cancer 4 years ago, and I still find it really tough now. I didn't have a panic or anxiety attack for a whole year after he died - even though my mum lost the plot, and my gran had a stroke, and had to be nursed. I was so busy I almost disappeared up my own proverbial!

Please be careful though. My panic attacks started AFTER everybody else had got themselves sorted. It was a case of once I wasn't neede and managing a 18 hour day EVERY day, I couldn't cope with not having to cope. (I hope this makes sense).

Please be aware that these can strike at any time, and watch out for the signs.

Take good care of yourself

It's a cliche, and I hated hearing it at the time, but the pain subsides, and the good times eventually shine through. You will still have bad times - I hate Xmas, but like panic attacks, you learn to deal with them.

Charlie

nomorepanic
25-11-03, 20:57
Gary

My thoughts are with you and your family.

I think the sentiments on this topic say it all.

Take care and know that we are here for you if you want to post anything atall.

Nicola

blossom
25-11-03, 22:45
So sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad Gary, and if you feel like having a real grieve do so, I looked after my Mum and Dad, and always relied on them for myself, whilst they were there, and I was looking after them I coped with my agaoraphobia and panic attacks, it has been some years now, but last novemeber, I lost the only Aunt I had left, and this brought it all back to me, I send you my thoughts, I feel because I have no one to look after now, I am empty, so sorry for your loss. Bless you from blossom