PDA

View Full Version : Diet

spiral
25-06-08, 22:18
Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering what foods people eat and whether that has any bearing on anxiety.
I'm vegan and although i did have panics when i ate meat i don't think i ate very much...

hugs to everyone x

CliveL
25-06-08, 22:29
I eat a low carb diet with no processed or tinned or ready made foods, because I am diabetic, though I don't like most factory foods

EmmaJane
25-06-08, 22:31
I eat anything :-)

eeyorelover
26-06-08, 05:23
Ok I have to ask ...
What is a freegan??

Karen
26-06-08, 06:53
Sandy

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeganism):

Freeganism is an anti-consumerist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-consumerism) lifestyle whereby people employ alternative living strategies based on "limited participation in the conventional economy and minimal consumption of resources. Freegans embrace community, generosity, social concern, freedom, cooperation, and sharing in opposition to a society based on materialism, moral apathy, competition, conformity, and greed."[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeganism#cite_note-freegan-0) The lifestyle involves salvaging discarded, unspoiled food from supermarket dumpsters that have passed, or in some cases haven't even passed, their sell by date, but are still edible and nutritious. They salvage the food not because they are poor or homeless, but as a political statement.

So now you know :winks:

Karen x

spiral
26-06-08, 20:14
Just in case anyone else is interested in statistics (is it obvious i want to be a maths teacher?) i haven't found any UK stats yet...

Dietary Habits of Adults 18 and Older in the United States in 2006
100% Total adults
6.7% Never eat meat
6.3% Never eat poultry
14.6% Never eat fish/seafood
7.6% Never eat dairy products
8.8% Never eat eggs
23.4% Never eat honey
2.3% Never eat meat, poultry, fish/seafood (vegetarian)
1.4% Never eat meat, poultry, fish/seafood, dairy products/eggs (vegan, except for possibly honey)

mirry
28-06-08, 13:04
I have tried cutting out bad things but still got anxious lol.

but I do love food :doh:

Southern_Belle
28-06-08, 13:42
I try not to eat too much red meat but get very anemic the few times I have cut it all out of my diet. I'm allergic to eggs, soy and tomatoes so right there it cuts so much out of diet. Soy is practically in everything as it is used as a preservative over here even in bread and candy bars! Eggs, well think of it - cakes, cookies, breakfast, lol just about anything good. Tomatoes - there goes anything Italian. What do I eat? Lots of veges, fish, chicken, and fruit. I also only have 1 cup of weak coffee in the morning and that is it for caffiene. No coca-cola for me! Not much fun...

Laura xxx

spiral
30-06-08, 20:21
i'd be lost without tomatoes!
i'm lucky to not be allergic to anything (as far as i know)

TidusRawlings
30-06-08, 20:45
The Only Thing I Have Cut Out From My Intake Is Caffine, And I Actually Do Feel Alot Better For It.

eeyorelover
01-07-08, 05:43
Thanks Karen :)

I'm allergic to shellfish.
I don't eat a whole lot of red meat but I do eat alot of junk food.
I have to admit I like chips(crisps) and dip and crackers and cheese and basically anything that is bad for me!!!
LOL
I have cut back on soda as caffiene was making me more anxious.

jesse08
02-07-08, 06:25
I try to eat a balanced diet (although I rarely red meat) and to eat regularly throughout the day. My body needs protein so I eat quite a bit of fish and chicken. It's eay to want to "fix" on sugar/refined carbs when stressed but it is a quick fix and the resultant "low" leaves me feeling worse. Having said that though, I ain't perfect and will at times find myself looking for a sugary high!!!
:ohmy:

MissChampers
02-07-08, 15:02
i'd be lost without tomatoes!
i'm lucky to not be allergic to anything (as far as i know)

I love Tomatoes too! I drink a glass of the stuff every day.:)

MissChampers
02-07-08, 15:03
I eat everything btw in moderation.:)

popsy
04-07-08, 19:01
ive ticked 'eat anything', but there is limits of course!!! ;) x