PDA

View Full Version : pregnant and worried

joyce99
25-06-08, 22:25
hi i seem to have protein and keytones in my urine but no sign of infection is there any advice from someone who maybe nows thanks

EmmaJane
25-06-08, 22:43
I had this when was pregnant. Now that was 5 years ago nearly. I cant remember exactly, but what I can tell you is I was fine and my son was fine and is 4 and a half now :-)

Charlottie
25-06-08, 22:53
Has the doctor told you this information?

nomorepanic
25-06-08, 22:58
Joyce

If you are pregnant you will have extra special care from the docs. They will make sure everything is ok for you and the baby.

Try not to worry excessively as you will be stressing you and the baby out.

Just enjoy the healthy pregnancy that it will be.

joyce1980
26-06-08, 09:11
Keytones???

I have had this, I was not pregnant but I was not drinking enough fluids.

The Dr should have explained what these results mean for you.

I doubt it's anything to worry about otherwise you would be in the hopsital by now, you should ring your Dr and get an explination.

Also in the mean time drink more water and healthy juice, it can't hurt.

Alisonj
28-06-08, 05:13
With ketones if you do not have gestational diabetes you need to drink much much more water. Also ensure you are eating enough. Ketones mean that your body is feeding on its fat reserves and while pregnant that is not healthy. However drinking and eating enough will solve the problem.
If you have no infection depending on the amount of protein in your urine you should see your OB. During pregnancy most women can spill a trace or +1 amount in their urine. Anymore and you need to be seen as it can be an early sign of pre-e. Protein means your kidneys are not functioning like they should, But it is only worriesome if it is higher than +1.

KOKO23CAT
28-06-08, 22:17
I had protein several times during my second pregnancy and there was no infection and my blood sugar and presure were fine. You just need to drink loads of water i think. Alisonj is spot on. There are so many different niggles when you're pregnant its hard not to worry isn't it!?