PDA

View Full Version : Stress Test.

peter34uk
26-06-08, 08:52
Anyone had this?

Im thinking of asking for it. I suffer from really bad adrenaline at times for no reason. This obviously makes my chest race & I think I have a prob with me heart....which I dont.

Anyways....after even a small 5 min job my chest feels very congested, my breathing not as clear as it should be & my heart rate well up from normal.

So I was thinking of this stress test. Would it be a good indicator??

I might point out that I have suffered from anxiety relating to my heart....palpitations etc for about 4 years now :(

sheba2
26-06-08, 11:57
What stress test? If you already know that you react badly to any kind of anxiety and stress then you will probably get a positive result from any test. What does the test actually measure. The symptoms you describe are standard stress symptoms so maybe you need to look at ways to relax (easier said than done).

peter34uk
26-06-08, 21:59
sorry I meant a heart related exercise stress test!

Alisonj
28-06-08, 05:02
I had one back in November. Before I started I was so worried that they were going to find something wrong that my pulse rate was already up to 100!!!
They let me get to my maxium heart rate which didnt take long because I was so anxious. It showed that everything was a-ok.
It may be a good test for you just to make sure there are no blockages etc.
Good Luck