PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

rachelg
26-06-08, 11:03
Hi - I'm a newbie and am so glad to have found this great forum. I've been doing lots and lots of googling lately and have become rather stressed about my condition. Basically, I have a very tender left breast and a sore spot on my rib (where the bra strap goes under the cup). I went to the GP and she examined me and couldn't find any lumps - she said that breast cancer doesn't hurt and is usually a small, hard lump. But.... she also said "better safe than sorry - so come back in 2 weeks if you've still got the pain" Of course, I think the worst and can not wait 2 weeks so I've booked in for a private breast assessment/mammogram with BUPA on Monday. I have suffered from costochonditris in the past - when I was pregnant, but this pain is different - it doesn't hurt more when I breathe in. I am constantly thinking about it and fearing the worst. Has anyone else suffered my symptoms also? Any advice would be really appreciated and will stop my cracking up. Many thanks.

kellie
26-06-08, 11:18
Hiya hun :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. you dont mention your age so im not sure how to reply about the breast prob but, it can be down to a number of things to do with hormanones ( bad spelling sorry) as we get older, or the pill/coil/periods. Now pain in the ribs (left or right) i can relate to and thats normaly down to tight tense muscels in that area. its almost like a tender/bruised spot or can be a sharp/crushing pain when breathing is to heavy. Stop googleing and try not to worry to much. keep posting and let us know how thing go at bupa

take care. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rachelg
26-06-08, 11:34
Thank you Kellie - I feel abit better already:) I'm 40 and have been on the depo provera contraceptive injection for 7 years and haven't had a period at all in that time - so don't think I'm hormonally lumpy! I hope the pain is tendon-related but sometimes it feels connected to under my nipple and I get a sharp twinge between the two places. So I'm thinking there's a lump in there pressing on a nerve - I won't be happy until Monday (I hope:unsure: )
Thanks again for your kind words and hugs - will let you know how I get on.

milly jones
26-06-08, 12:07
hi hun

welcome to nmp

i get lumps etc and have worried in the past. think its cos were trained to be more breast aware now too.

ull not be satisfied till monday hun, so i cant say much other than hugs to u

take care

mill xxxx

Lindalou64
26-06-08, 13:07
Hello Rachel And Welcome.......wish Ya Well.........linda

Southern_Belle
26-06-08, 14:14
Hi Rachel,

Welcome to the site. Many here feel exactly how you do and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

weeble40
26-06-08, 16:43
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

jesse08
27-06-08, 08:19
Hi Rachel. Welcome to NMP. Enjoy!!

Nibbles
27-06-08, 22:01
Hi Rachel and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
28-06-08, 16:07
Hi Rachel

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx