PDA

View Full Version : Pain in right temple - scared

precious78
26-06-08, 13:36
A couple of days ago I got this swelling in my cheek. I discovered I had an ulcer at the back of my top teeth - although this was small - and thought this could be causing some of the swelling. A couple of days later I started to get pain when I was chewing on the same side. Then my temple was sore and I would get random pains that came quickly and dissapeared.

Today I noticed at the side of my ear there is a swelling.

Well I have driven myself mad googling - which I know I'm not supposed to do - I found a couple of things which scared me. Perhaps it is temporal arteritis. It says this is most common in older people and I am only 30 but what if it is this.

I am always worried about anyerisms.

Should I be worried?

joyce1980
26-06-08, 14:59
Sounds like a general infection to me.

Get the Dr to take a lucy looky at the swelling, and the chances of it being something dangerous are usualy pretty rare, if it makes you feel better: People who think they are sick are always quite healthy the ones who think they are healthy usually get sick.:hugs:

scooby28
26-06-08, 15:48
This to me sounds like you have pain fron the ulcer and the worry could be making you grind your teeth at night, i had this last year and my temples absolutely killed for months until a doc told me i could be grinding my teeth. I tried to sleep with my mouth wide open but you could try a mouth guard.
I got the pains to like a stabbing pain that came then went but it really hurt.

precious78
26-06-08, 16:09
Do you know I think you could be right. The lump seems to be the top of my jaw where it opens. It's flat on the left but on the right it juts out. And if I feel it open with my finger, the lump dissapears and comes back when my jaw closes. I wonder if it is that TMJ thing. There is a slight slicking on that side when I move my jaw.