PDA

View Full Version : hello

Atkin
21-04-05, 17:33
My name is Deborah and I suffer from a mixed bag of disorders, primarily panic disorder at the mo, though I have had quite severe OCD several years ago. Have been having regular CBT sessions for about 8 months now, and while have managed to reduce number and severity of panic attacks, am still left with GAD, and as a result of all the strange symptoms a whopping great helath anxiety.
Have been reading site fora while now, and finding it of use, just seeing others in same boat helps the postive affirmations that I am not dying of some dreadful disease.
Bye for now,
Atkin

Meg
21-04-05, 17:47
Welcome Atkin,

Glad you've found the site of use and glad you thought you'd say hello.
Do let us know if you have any particular issues you'd like some views on.

Well done for all your progress.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

carlin
21-04-05, 18:18
Hi Atkin,
Glad you have found this site, as you say it is and will be of great assistance to you, i know it has helped me enormously. Just knowing you are not alone, or 'dying' from some awful disease, does put your mind at rest. You seem to be making good progress, keep at it and keep in touch, take care.

nomorepanic
21-04-05, 19:01
Hi Atkin

Welcome aboard - good to see that you posted.

I am sure we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

Atkin
21-04-05, 21:00
thanks for the kind welcome. Nice to know you're not alone with this, as only someone who has been there can really understand what this kind of anxiety feels like.
Deb

henri
21-04-05, 21:40
hey deb,
welcome to the site - it's great here!
noone can quite understand panic if they haven't experienced it (if one more person tells me to get a grip i'll scream!), which is why this site is so good. hope you've had a good read through the health anxiety stuff, i found it really helped.
take care,
henri x

lin
21-04-05, 21:56
hi atkin

Glad u have found the site useful, i have just got over a 2mth bout of anxiety. Just like u i thought i had something seriously wrong with me but it was nasty old anxiety. In my mind i was convinced i had terrible disease. So u are not on your own there are plenty of us on here with the same problems and u will get great advice and help.

take care

lin xx

sal
21-04-05, 22:05
Hi Deborah

Welcome to the site and hope we can be of some help to you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
21-04-05, 23:14
Hi Deb

Welcome to the site. You'll get good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.