PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Thoughts?

Eddy
26-06-08, 20:05
Hi, this is my first post, so please forgive any spelling mistakes.

I’ve been suffering from anxiety for two and a half years now, and have been unable to leave the house for about 9 months.
I know anxiety can affect you mentally and physically, but despite being calmer now than 3 months ago, I get so engrossed in watching television that I think I’m actually there… I sometimes think that people on screen are friends, my god… does anybody else get these thoughts...

Is this the first sign of something more serious, because sometimes it doesn’t scare me.

Thanks in advance.

Eddy
:huh:

Rexzooly
26-06-08, 20:10
this is the life of hell eddy i know what you mean i have been there and i ended up getting rid of the TV for 3 months as i was going mad gave the TV to my ex i have a nother one now but i don't watch as people online are all over the place but there 99% real.

I have depresson and with little money i am stuck i doors also.
.-------------- edit

i hit submite before i was read ooopsy

just try a little DIY or drawing and the computer and other things like that, thats what helps me getting sucked in to one thing.

Eddy
26-06-08, 20:15
Thanks for your speedy reply rexzooly,

I definitely feel like I'm making progress, it's just these symptoms seem to come out off the blue... they do eventually go though, I suppose that's the main thing.

Eddy

Rexzooly
26-06-08, 20:22
Not a problems Eddy and i know what you mean i have depresson but when lets say i am hre chatting to you on msn and the wind bangs something i freeze but and i am no good but them other times i am like whatever i know what thats is and carry on even maybe thing to my self i am getting over it then i here a random bang i really think i here thm in my head and them i am
back where i was. the telly was able to give me a reason to say still when i was in parralized s//t scared of nothing but tell my bran that.

:yesyes:

:bighug1:

And please call me Rex everyone else dose.

Eddy
26-06-08, 20:31
Will do...

I think that agoraphobic's want to be out the house, more than anybody else. I'm practically climbing the walls, but the fear is still too great.

I think you're right, I'm going to have to continue drawing... I'll be as good as piccasso by the time anxiety is through with me.

Eddy

Rexzooly
26-06-08, 20:37
Will do...

I think that agoraphobic's want to be out the house, more than anybody else. I'm practically climbing the walls, but the fear is still too great.

I think you're right, I'm going to have to continue drawing... I'll be as good as piccasso by the time anxiety is through with me.

Eddy

i love to draw what i feel i will see if someone i know as a scanner and i get them online sometime as thay come out so strangeone looks like a killer bunny and it was not ment to be lol :).

i like going out but when i am out i get really panicy and warried that i have been brock in to and have to rush home to a dull and boaring house lol.

Trixie
27-06-08, 06:27
Hi, this is my first post, so please forgive any spelling mistakes.

I’ve been suffering from anxiety for two and a half years now, and have been unable to leave the house for about 9 months.
I know anxiety can affect you mentally and physically, but despite being calmer now than 3 months ago, I get so engrossed in watching television that I think I’m actually there… I sometimes think that people on screen are friends, my god… does anybody else get these thoughts...

Is this the first sign of something more serious, because sometimes it doesn’t scare me.

Thanks in advance.

Eddy
:huh:

Don't worry about this, there are hundreds of people in this country without problems such as yours who think the same as you do and there is no excuse for them.:)

My daughter suffers from agoraphobia, OCD, social paranoia, depression and anxiety she has only left the house 3 or 4 times in five years and that was for medical reasons.

We all get involved with TV characters and either love them or hate them even though we know deep down that they are not real.

How many times have we read about people who have actually assaulted the actor/actress in a supermarket because they believe they are the person they are portraying? Some people find it hard to differentiate between the two.

Please don't worry yourself about this.:)