PDA

View Full Version : freating all day

berkshiregirl
26-06-08, 20:45
hi i am new to this have suffered with health anxiety for years, have had a baby 4 months ago and my anxiety came back with a vengence 4 weeks after my daughter was born, i am convinced i have a problem with my brain i get pressure and tension in my head and am always dizzy it scares me so much cant think am so scared

pigtailplaits
26-06-08, 20:53
ive been like this for over 4 months now. mine started when my daughter was one. I, too am convinced there is somet up with my brain. I have tension/pressure headaches all the time, blurred vision, problems with my hearing. I had a clear ct scan 3 months ago but i still dont feel any better. I am really dizzy especially when i stand up from sitting. I am exhausted all the time, ive given up going to the doctors coz they are not doing any more referrals. They offered me citralopram but i refused, had a bit of cbt which was helpful. Until you have a 'clear' diagnosis from the doc, nothing will put you r mind at ease but i found spiritual books quite calming and reassuring. you on any meds?

berkshiregirl
26-06-08, 21:05
it is horrible nothing reassures me it really upsets me feel like i am going mad, have had a good couple of weeks and the past 3 days have been terrible, am so scared something serious is wrong why wont it go away, she wont send me for a scan, were you scared

mandie
26-06-08, 21:15
Hi michelle

:welcome: to the site.

I have suffered the dizzy/head pressure for a few years now. It gets bad when my anxiety is really high and the does settle down after a few months.

Are u on any meds, i did find meds worked for me

love mandie x

berkshiregirl
27-06-08, 08:43
hi mandie
thankyou for the welcome, was pleaed to find a site where i could talk with people who suffer the same, i am on paratoxine i feel myself holding my jaw together and tense does this affect my head, i know it is a real strong muscle up your neck

xx

Janieb
27-06-08, 09:14
Hello and welcome, seems like a comon post baby thing anx, have to admit I normally do tend to worry but it really flaired up about 3/4 months after my son was born. In a strange way I have managed to get it under control a bit after a year!! mine started with the pressure in my head, I am now terrified to try for no 2 in case it all kicks off again after the birth!

My dizzyness and pressure does come and go but only when I am stressed or very anxious, never had a ct or mri but I guess nothing is wrong because if it was anything serious it would have been progressive.

Take care!
Jane