PDA

View Full Version : help me understand

berkshiregirl
27-06-08, 09:10
good morning
i am freating again have a numb sensation on left side of face and my face feels droopy all over left side of my skull feels weird am scared

berkshiregirl
27-06-08, 09:12
and also feels like i have a slight block of vision over my left eye

dawny
27-06-08, 09:16
hi michelle,

sorry to hear your not well, i know you are scared, but to put your mind at rest i really would go and see your doctor.

please let me know how you get on

love dawny xxxxx

Janieb
27-06-08, 09:21
Hiya Michelle, I just responded to your other post as well, I can tell you that what you are experiancing is something exactly what I had and still do have on occasion! It feels like half your face is drooping and your eye has a block however you can see everything, though it all feels like it's slow moving.

Don't be scared there is nothing perminantly wrong you are just experiancing an anx attack, you need to try and get your mind off things, is there somewhere you can go today with your daughter like a play group or someone to visit to talk to?? it helps to try and get your mind off it cause it's all playing tricks on you. Maybe if you even go for a walk or something. If you need to talk just PM me. I know where you are coming from this all happened to me last year and yes it is very scary.

Take care,
Jane

berkshiregirl
27-06-08, 09:24
thanx dawny
i have been to docs sooooooooooo many times they say it is my HA xx

dawny
27-06-08, 09:31
michelle, that is just awful, cant you see another doctor......

love dawny take care hun

berkshiregirl
27-06-08, 09:34
i have been seeing doctors for years never had any tests done have done cbt and yes it helps but i asked for a scan and they said i dont need one thanx for your support dawny xxx

Janieb
27-06-08, 09:57
I also read a lot of books been recommended a good few from this website there are a couple of good ones focusing on HA

Alisonj
28-06-08, 04:47
I have had the numb face etc before. I was in a huge panic and went right to my doctor. Turns out it can be caused by a number of things. One very common one is sleeping funny and a nerve in your neck can cause your face to go numb. Usually once you feel something like that other symptoms follow because of our anxiety, I spent one night staring in the mirror trying to make sure my pupils were reacting and were the same size etc. If it was anything serious things would probably be progressing quickly and you would know by now. anxiety is cruel and horrible. I truly hope you feel better asap.

berkshiregirl
28-06-08, 04:52
thankyou all so much for helping me to understand, it is such a great help xx