PDA

View Full Version : Appointment with consultant for indigestion problems

JennyW
27-06-08, 10:23
Since beginning of May I've been suffereing with indigestion symptoms.

I知 on lansoprazole and things have improved (thankfully) since last seeing my doctor . My appointment is 7th July and I知 wondering if I should still go along as I知 feeling a lot feeling better (although I知 still worried how I値l be if I come of the tablets :shrug: ). I don稚 want to waste his time, especially if he asks how I am and I say that I'm feeling a bit better. Also should I stay on the lansoprazole or come off them before I see him? Would he want to know about my symptoms before the lansoprazole or whilst I'm on the tablets?

JamesF
27-06-08, 12:49
HI Jenny
I've been on Lansoprazole for about 6 years, 15mg once a day unless it gets bad and then I double up to 30mg a day. Funnily enough I have just returned from seeing my consultant today and he's changed me to Omeprazole as I have had a bad bout of it lately.
Personally I would stay on them if you're feeling better until you see the consultant and let him/her advise you otherwise. I have never had any side effects from lansoprazole, in fact they changed my life as constant indegestion is miserable and I think I was a candidate for Ulcers.

Good luck and glad you're feeling better

James