PDA

View Full Version : Had enough

gtrgrl3369
27-06-08, 13:58
So off I went to the doctors yesterday only to be told that he cant do anything else for me and that he was sending me to the hospital for a whole battery of tests. had everything done from an ekg to a cat scan and more bllod drawn. Of course there was nothing there. Thats when I realized that this is really all in my head. I have never felt so low in all my life. How am I supposed to live with this lighheadedness. I cant even walk straight anymore, I dont drive and stay in my bed unless there is something that needs to be done. I am getting to the end of my rope and dont know what to do anymore. I am sick of living like this all the time. In a state of utter despair. I hate going to sleep because I know what waking up will bring. When is it ok to say enough is enough and quit? :weep:

LucyR
27-06-08, 15:04
I have to say I know lightheadedness is one of the worst symptoms of anxiety ever, yet there are days when I am sure it is much worse than others, so I'd say try to make the most of the better days and try not to worry so much about the awful days, just try to get through them. I also think that staying in bed to be safe and not actually going out into the world is probably one of the worst if not the worst thing for the problem as it makes a person much weaker and therefore much less able to face up the outside world at all, and the atmosphere of actually being outside. Id say just perservere, with medications if they help.

bottleblond
27-06-08, 15:22
Hi grl

I have to say, i have been through many lightheaded phases and always thought it was something worse.

I know it's hard but try not to give in and stay in your bed. The best thing for it is good food and fresh air. Please don't lock yourself away because that's when it spirals out of control and other phobias set in.

Goog luck

Love Lisa
xxx

Alisonj
28-06-08, 22:46
I have been there. I would dread waking up in fear that I would feel lightheaded etc again. I was happiest when it was bedtime. Then I realized how much I was missing. I still get lightheaded at times, and never know if its the anixety or something else but I am learning to try and trust that the doctors are right and that I am ok. It takes time but things can and will get better. Fresh air, exercise, eating well will all make a huge difference.