PDA

View Full Version : Do they care?

AndyGlad
27-06-08, 16:38
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the comforting comments recently. It is good to hear that you aren't the only one suffering.

I know that I need to get another job to get out of my anxiety and depression. HR kept on emailing me last week in a horrible tone implying that my health was fine and that I shouldn't be off sick. This just snowballed my anxiety and I took three weeks supply of tablets last weekend as I just couldn't cope of know what to do. I realised at that point that I had to get out. They then emailed me again threatening me and this pressure is increasing anxiety -what can I do with them as they are so cold and threatening? I am going back to my GP next week to get signed off for longer as if I go back to work, the atmosphere is horrific as many are beig made redundant. How can HR expect me to go backto that when I am depressed and anxious?

I am though apolying for jobs and will try to get away for a few days to try and wind down. I also now have union support which might help.

Thanks for your kindness. I just feel so helpless at the moment.

Andy

hunny_as
27-06-08, 17:01
hi Andy (sorry about my spelling)

i know HR can be a pain in the butt, just remember there doing there job, some companys have an an O.H may ask them if they have one? and if they do asked to be refurd to one and be they will be able to get you the help and support you need to go back to work, i know the company i worked for helped me i got free conciling and CBT so they might help you and there always nice people the O.H if you have one there you can always PM me any time and i will tell what can expct if you can read my bad spelling, it so hard to typ when my kitten is being so playfull

good luck and try to relax

tack care

amanda xx

AndyGlad
28-06-08, 08:46
Hi,

Thanks Amanda for posting. I have today been referred to OH by my employers but I am anxious about what it involves and if they will say something that harms my position - so much paranoia! I had a problem with anxiety in a job 15 years ago and fear that they will say something to infer that I have a long-standing problem.

I really need time off from work as if I return in this atmosphere of redundancies I won't cope. I keep on thinking of resigning but will this help? I have got to find strength somehow to get signed off sick for another month and to get another job asap but I lack the strength to cope. When HR pressure me I just get anxious and take a handful of pills. I just want an end to this anxiety/depression.

I was thinking of getting away for a few days to convalesce. I will ask my doctors advice but I am anxious that HR will react badly to this if they hear of it.

Thanks everyone for caring.

Andy

milly jones
28-06-08, 12:12
hi andy

ive been long term sick then returned to work, now im sick again.

i see OH to discuss my illness. i see them as a bridge between work and health. HR are probably worrying about cover and targets etc, and sometimes forget that we are ppl.

i as a boss have to get supply cover, and it difficult when u dont really know how long ppl are going to be off for, esp with mental health probs, as time is not the issue. if it were broken leg u would have an idea of how long someone would be off work for.

however i do realise that mental health isssues are as justifiable as any other illness and should be treated with care and consideration.

you are entitled to time of for any illness if u are poorly hun. sometimes and i know this from me, u feel that u should be in work, and consequently when HR make contact u feel guilty. its perhaps this rather than them thinking ur well and should be there.

i totally empathise with ur situation, and my only advise would be not to make any decisions regarding work until u feel healthy enough to do so. that is your right and work will have to wait for u to feel well again.

all my best wishes

milly xx

AndyGlad
28-06-08, 13:05
Hi Millie,

That is reassuring. It is just the pressure and coldness from them at present combined with the threat of redundancy. I need to return to work there or elsewhere at some time in the next 5-6 weeks but I know that my health is bad and I am not at all ready. I fear that I will be forced into returning and then working in an atmosphere of redundancy and gloom I will just be much much worse. I will know when I am ready.

I have a good friend who is doing so much to help me by being there and helping me to find another job - I feel very lucky here. These situations make you realise who your friends are!

Thanks everyone for caring.

Andy