PDA

View Full Version : Hi

frudster
27-06-08, 20:09
Hello

I'm Tracy, i've just found this site after looking on web whether I could take another propranolol capsule - already took 80mg SR at 7 this morning - but i feel palpitations coming on.
About a year ago I was hospitalised I just suddenly thought I was going to have a heart attack - my heart started pounding and I went very limp and had no energy at all I obviously panicked looking back and called on a neighbour - I was in a&e for 24 hours still thinking i was going to die. It was a horrible experience. I was in the ambulance thinking this is it i'm going to die! I had been very stressed about certain things previously so i think this is what brought it on. When the doctor told me i could go home i questioned him - thats when he told me i had suffered from panic.
From then on I have palpitations all the time if I dont take the propranolol - thats why im here I am so scared it will happen again.
I won't be on my own with my daughter anymore - it has really affected my life, although I am successful in my career i feel my life has totally been ruined by this
Any advice would be so welcome
I'm divorced and 36 this year so would really like to get over this!!!!:weep:

kellie
27-06-08, 20:23
Hiya Tracy :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the the way. Im sorry things have been so stressful in the past and brought on these horrible feelings. have you talked to your doc about some possible counselling and cbt theropy to help you combat this ? if you havent it might be a good idea to enquire about it.
Panic attacks can be controled but it may take some changes in your life style( diet. caffine and alcohol intake, and exercise) and lots of patiance, both of which i wish you all the best with. also learning to breath the correct way ( something a lot of panic sufferers dont do) will help control the palpatations. keep posting and we will help you as much as we can. hope to talk to you in chat sometime.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
27-06-08, 20:25
hi tracy

welcome to nmp

hope u find support and empathy here

lots of hugs

milly xxxx

binashubby
27-06-08, 20:33
Hi Tracy,:)
I only joined this group today myself. Like you I take beta blockers, but I am on Sotalol.
Paul

weeble40
27-06-08, 21:29
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Nibbles
27-06-08, 22:04
Hi Tracy and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Southern_Belle
28-06-08, 13:30
Hi Tracy,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

Lilith1980
28-06-08, 15:43
Hi Tracy

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx