PDA

View Full Version : CBT -On a computer?

NeonPink
28-06-08, 04:58
I was told by my pschologist the CBT service we had was done by a computer programme. And I was really confused. Is this how CBT is supposed to work?

milly jones
28-06-08, 12:23
there are some cbt programmes delivered on line by some health trusts.

i have used them as a top up after my initial cbt.

they do cover the same issues, but obviously there is no one real there when u want to talk.

the ones i use are, livinglifetothefull or moodgym

take a look, nothing lost hun

sometimes it a quicker alternative to waiting for appointmenst, and at least its proactive

milly xxx

Coni
28-06-08, 13:52
Ive used living life to the full and its recommended a lot by health professionals....the good thing is you can access it whenever you want provided you have internet access.

Coni XX

NeonPink
29-06-08, 03:55
The CBT I can only do at the hospital and I think its because the trust is so pushed for resources to see people. I was wondering how would I acess it o something similar on the internet I think I would much prefer that.

milly jones
29-06-08, 16:58
just google 'livinglifetothefull.co.uk' and register

it cost nothing

it is an nhs approved site

the author chris williams, used his books to make the programme. the workbooks are similar to those i used in group cbt

milly xxx

Alabasterlyn
25-01-10, 12:17
I was told by my pschologist the CBT service we had was done by a computer programme. And I was really confused. Is this how CBT is supposed to work?

There is an online CBT course called FearFighter that you can only use if you are given an access password through your GP or other healthcare professional. I started using it but didn't find it very helpful for me but I do believe it's available to anyone for free in the UK :)

kingi
25-01-10, 23:08
yes i used that fearfighter and one called beating the blues and they was not very good to be honest xx

Alabasterlyn
26-01-10, 10:06
yes i used that fearfighter and one called beating the blues and they was not very good to be honest xx

What I really hated about the FearFighter one was that once you had logged in you had to go through a set of questions to assess if you are making any progress. That really used to put me off as I'm not very good on those 1 to 10 kind of questionnaires, plus every time I did complete one it just said I was very depressed and to either phone the Samaritans or my Mental Health worker. When I did phone my Mental Health worker she was clueless as to what I should do, so I just gave up on the course.