PDA

View Full Version : Paxil

JoBeth
22-04-05, 15:23
Does anyone here take Paxil for Panic attacks?

Meg
22-04-05, 15:27
Seroxat for UK members or Paroxetine for its real name.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

JoBeth
22-04-05, 15:52
I took Paxil for 3 years and then got off of the drug because of the weight gain. I was off a year and my panic attacks came back so I had to go back on, just started it again this week. I was doing so well off the drug and now I'm so depressed because I had to start taking it again. This drug works well for me but I don't want to depend on meds. to be free of panic. I have suffered off and on from panic since the early 80's I beat it once on my own and was panic free for many years but then it came back. I'm just feeling really depressed today and am so disappointed in myself for not being stronger.

JoBeth
23-04-05, 05:00
Thanks for the response Lucy. Good luck to you. I ordered the book The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund Bourne. It is very good but the more I read the more anxious I got. I know I'm not alone with this terrible thing but sometimes it feels like it.

lisa33
21-07-05, 18:06
I just started on Paxil (12.5mg / day, I'm on the third day) and I was wondering if anyone experienced tiredness or nausea; or if maybe I am just imagining these things.

Also, is the Paxil weight gain something that happens to everyone?

Thanks,
Lisa.