PDA

View Full Version : SUCCESS

alexis
29-06-08, 22:35
Hi all, although things continue to go wrong and I think nothing else can go wrong it does, :shades: sometimes its so easy to become obsessed with these negative things 24/7 , and continuously look for the light at the end of the tunnel, which is always there, just someimes not as bright as others,:blush: but lately Ive decided to get up and dust myself down and carry on more!
Its not easy I wont pretend it is.:shrug:
This weekend was a prime example, I always feel safe at home, I go to work and try to do other hobbies trips etc, but never venture into my home town, and dont like driving at all unless I know where im going.:mad:
Well my friend Kairen (who a lot of you know) continues to visit me regularly with her children, recently she invited me to her house, (2 and a half hours drive) At first i thought I could not do it, only done it once before a few years ago, other times went on train, but I realised its not fair for her to keep coming here if I wasnt going to make an effort again to start going to her,:flowers:
So on Friday evening, feeling very anxious, scared and sick, spending the leadup reading her texts all the time, with my sat nav on and a back up plan, covered by a back up plan, covered by another back up plan I set off.:whistles:
Kairen wanted to meet me like she did before as she is wonderful and so supportive, but i decided I must do this alone, :noangel: she told me to get my music on and dont think about it, so I did, :whistles: all I kept focusing on was my weekend with her and the girls and the room she spent ages tidying for me,:hugs:
The journey was not uneventful travelling through a very busy city bypass on a Friday night in rush hour, but i did it, :yahoo: I felt all the usual symptoms, but I arrived, had the best weekend in almost 2 years and was so sad to leave.:weep:
I even did the shops, only having to wander out once when Kairen was on looking for shoes and 45 mins in one area was too much.That was more heat than anxiety, never felt anxious at all whilst there,
We had a super weekend, a bit too much alcohol, but never mind,I was just hoping to help others who are not feeling so good etc at mo, :bighug1:

eternally optimistic
29-06-08, 22:43
:flowers:

Good on you Alexis.

You must be on such a high, really glad you enjoyed your time there.

Make sure you keep the memory of this success in the front of your mind
all the time.

WELL DONE,, YEE HA..

j

Anna C
29-06-08, 23:07
Hi Alexis,

What a lovely story , well done!:yahoo:
Sometimes just giving yourself that little push, even though you're terrified can be worth it. Especially when you end up having a really good time, and it also makes you feel so good about yourself.

I'm glad you had a lovely weekend.
Take care. Anna

Deano_08
29-06-08, 23:19
Hiya Alexis:)
What a great story, Just shows a little self motivation can do so much.
Welldone you :yesyes:

Dean

marie1974
29-06-08, 23:24
wow welldone u and a great thread. that just shows us what strength we have and fight in us to do stuff if we really want too. welldone hugs xx

kate
30-06-08, 07:04
I'm sooo pleased for you, Alexis, you did so well! :yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Glad you had such a good time with Kairen as well :D

Love Kate xxx

Piglet
30-06-08, 09:44
Oh Alexis that is really great hun - I think you are a star!!!:yesyes:

Snort at Kairen spending 45 mins looking at shoes!!!:D

Well done girls!:hugs: :yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

jodie
30-06-08, 11:04
hiya

aww well done sounds like you had a fab time

jodie xx

popsy
30-06-08, 13:26
I am sooooo :yahoo: pleased for you, well done, its lovely to read successful stories. It just shows that if we keep pushing and believing in ourselves we can achieve so much more then we think, and just look how great you feel now!!!!! :yesyes:

Wonderful, keep going, it gives us all hope!

:hugs: Popsy x x x

milly jones
30-06-08, 13:57
well what a lovely weekend uv have

and what a lovely mate u have too

its so good to hear of our successes when they happen

lets all celebrate

well done

milly xx:hugs:

mandie
30-06-08, 14:45
Well done you :yesyes:

glad u had a lovely time as well

love mandie x

Southern_Belle
30-06-08, 15:54
Alexis,

I think it is wonderful how you thought of your friend, faced your fears and look at what you achieved! Congratulations and I'm so very happy you two had such a fun weekend.

Love and many hugs,

Laura xxx

kairen
30-06-08, 19:12
Hi Alexis,
You did so well this weekend, i know in the past you have so wanted to come here but it has been too much stress and worry, and yes driving through the centre of Newcastle is rush hour is hard enough for those who do it every day let alone somone who has such fears of driving alone,
BUT you did do it,
I am so proud off you,

(Piglet what alexis chose not to mention was that we were in the shoe shop for 45 mins looking for a pair of sketchers that had a butterfly on for HER !!!!!!!) (and she pinched my toothpaste)

Then alexis tried to get a job at the hoppings on our town moor and took a bit of a fancy for one of the gypsies running the stalls,

You proved to yourself this weekend you can do things if you put your mind to it, and enjoy it at the same time,
for the amount of different situations you were in this weekend, which were a few, from busy shops to the very busy and crowded hoppings, you took them all in your stride, even managed the pub,
To my very special brave friend, be proud of your achievment,

jesse08
01-07-08, 06:48
Hi Alexis, Great positive post. Well Done !!

Piglet
01-07-08, 11:23
:lisa:

Love Piglet :flowers:

alexis
01-07-08, 20:52
Hi Jay ann, , yes it is at front of my mind, so many thanks for posting,:yesyes:
Hi anna, yes thanks the weekend was fab.thanks,:flowers:
hiya Dean, yes a lot of self motivation :) thanks to you too.
hi donna, so many thanks for :bighug1: , yes sometimes we do more than we think we can,

hiya Kate, my friend, :hugs: so many thanks for your support too, yes it was great with Kairen, how are you?

Hi Piglet, texted Kairen when I read your post told her you were snorting,:winks: .:yesyes: Thanks for your post my friend it means a lot.

Hi jodie yes we did, thanks for posting, it was super.:yahoo:

Hi Popsy, see you are quite new, when i was quite new, I used to think Id never be cured and used to rely on success stories to help me, so much so hope you get as much from mine, thanks for replying.:bighug1:

Hi milly, yes open the:yahoo: bottles and the crisps, lets have a party, so many thanks for taking time to reply.

Thanks Mandie.:yesyes:

hi laura, thanks too, still miss you :flowers: , yes one thing i always do is think of others, so much so my councellor and a very good friend, told me if i looked after myself like i do others, i would be fine,:whistles:

Hi jesse thanks for positive replying, :bighug1:

Hi Kairen, so many thanks again for your support, yes I drove thro newcastle, only got slightly lost once, but wish my sat nav would not send me on a u turn, especially where the big signs saying "" NO U TURN"" were.:yahoo:
Everytime I got scared I just imagined the girls and swinging on the swing with a glass of wine and the heater on, :yesyes: if I thought of you I would do the illegal U TURN:lac:
I cant believe you stopped me applying for the job at The Hopping,s it would solve all my re possession worries,I loved it,:bighug1: #the people were so friendly.And the noughts and crosses machine????It paid for our evening tipple,
you were just jealous of that gypsy he was lovely, like you were jealous of the busdriver who spoke to me and not you!:shrug:
Seriously tho I would like to continue to say thanks especially for providing me with toothpaste and sorting the butterflies for my sketchers (Piglet she is over exaggerating again), she bought fluffy slippers again,,, I have to say i dont like your colgate!!
How strange I should get a text too in the pub, form a mutual friend,(((HI YOU)))) who I texted by mistake thinking it was my daughter.]
Many thanks to all who posted and all my friends for support,

Piglet
02-07-08, 12:14
Wish we lived abit closer cos I would like to come out to find shoes with butterflys on them too lol!!!:yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

pips
02-07-08, 13:22
http://www.getonmyspace.com/Images/Myspace_Comments/Congratulations_Comments/images/Congratulations_Comment_12.gifAlexis.

Thats great news you did so well.

Take Care Hun,:hugs:

Love Pip's X X X X

kairen
02-07-08, 18:18
Oh Piglet you would love it, wish you could come that would be great,
Thank you Alexis for the beautiful flowers a recieved at work today, of course now i am the talk of the school, as to why middle name is colgate, they have come to the conclusion that i have a fancy man who likes the smell of my breath....
Thank you again my dear friend

alexis
03-07-08, 22:05
Hi Piglet, one of my shoes had the butterfly missing , :weep: I was going to go out and say nothing, but i wanted the butterfly, kept twittering to Kairen I wanted the butterfly,Kairen encouraged me to tell them,then made a joke of it when I dared to do so, (in a nice way):flowers:
I wish you lived closer, trying to arrange a caravan hol with Kairen and girls, could be near you?:yahoo:
I can send you a photo message and show you my lovely butterflies :yesyes:
Hi Pips, how are you, :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: , thanks for posting, I will learn to put pics on like you do ,,, one day, at the moment im greatful for being online, my computer has blown up! My son has added this to his computer, turned off that, etc etc, no idea what he is talkinga bout but I can get on at times, no taskbar tho, all so complicated to me.:shades:
Hi Kairen, my dear lovely:yesyes: special :hugs: ABUSIVE f:doh: riend, Im so glad you like the flowers, :flowers: Im so sorry I stole your toothpaste.It was dried and unused for many weeks though :scared15:. i love you loads.xxxxxxxxxx

Eclipse
05-07-08, 01:19
Alexis,
know I dont visit the site as regularly anymore but popped on tonight & saw your thread.............it made my chest swell with pride to read of your venture :hugs: :yahoo: & I'm SO pleased for what you achieved!!
Sending you a HUGE :bighug1:

You deserve it Lady!!!!
:bighug:
XXXX