PDA

View Full Version : Indigestion - Consultant next week - should I still go?

JennyW
30-06-08, 09:41
Hi all. I've been suffering with indigestion type symptoms since beginning of May and currently on Lansoprazole. Now I last saw my GP last Monday and I said that I wasn't 100% better, not as bad as I was and better on the medication but still having my off days with it. He then agreed to refer me to the gastroenterologist. I have an appointment next Monday 7th.

Now the last few days I've been feeling quite good so now I'm not sure if I should see the consultant next week? :shrug:

I don't know if things have finally settled down or that the tablets are just covering up what's really going on. I'm not overly worried as my bloods and ultra-sounds were clear but perhaps the tablets could be covering up say something like ulcer/inflammation? Does this make sense?

I am worried that if I come off the tablets, my indigestion problems will come back. I've been on lansoprazole for 5 weeks now.

lesleyB
30-06-08, 09:46
I think you should still go, if the symtems come back you will worry again. I have just been fitted with a 7 day heart monitor and since I had the appiontment have had no palpitations but I still went ahead with the monitor.
Good luck:yesyes:
Lesleyb

JennyW
30-06-08, 09:50
I have just been fitted with a 7 day heart monitor and since I had the appiontment have had no palpitations but I still went ahead with the monitor.
Good luck:yesyes:
Lesleyb

typical eh?

Yes I've been feeling better since being referred. Do you think he'll still want to do an endoscopy to check things out?