PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

ray1973
30-06-08, 13:21
My anxiety has returned over the past 6/7 weeks and has gradually got worse.

headaches,nervous stomach, anxiety attacks.

I have has 2 sessions of cbt, but feel worse, i was on seroxat from 1999-04

I really want to go to my gp and ask to go back on them for a while.

or should i see the cbt though and try to cope without meds.

marie1974
30-06-08, 13:45
hiya has something triggered this off again? if so mayb work on the problem with some cbt. i wouldnt use the meds until u feel u really need them try the talking first

ray1973
30-06-08, 14:07
i know it has been triggered again by work stress, family.

i just feel i need something that gives me the strength and energy to sort out the problems.

marie1974
30-06-08, 14:13
prob sounds silly but honest try exercise in morn if u can jog or brisk half hour walk every day i was able to come off meds yrs back after taking up exercise it got rid of my depression and most of my anxiety and gave me so much confidence and motivation and i lost loads weight. it takes a few weeks but its a proven fact that it really helps. i feel a brisk walk in the morning if i am feeling stressed is great i get out all my anger in my exercise and i go out a complete nutter and come back one chilled babe hehe.

kristay1988
30-06-08, 14:15
i'm going off my meds right now, and i was doing great for a couple months, but now i'm struggling with depersonalization. THey say you can have a relapse, at any time. But now that you have learned how to get thru it, i think you should keep trying. Unless you feel you can not live your life the way you want anymore without the meds, you should see how it goes. Maybe try a very small dose, or try something to really relax you. Maybe a vacaation, a new class, somthing routine? That's what alot of people say help, especially excercise.

ray1973
30-06-08, 14:47
i do go to the gym a couple of times a week and play football and it does help with anxiety while your playing/exercising, but soon the anxiety returns.