PDA

View Full Version : head pains

hendey
30-06-08, 17:32
Recently (2 weeks aho) I hit my head on a wooden beam, i hit hit it just in the middle of my head, although a fair impact, it didnt really seem to me to be of any signifcance, the next day i had constant tiredness and dizziness, the dizziness has now thankfully gone, and the tiredness is on and off, somedays present, others not. I am also suffering from Chest pains and stomach problems (cramps, bloody stools), which has been on ongoing for the last few months or so. I went to 3 doctors since, 2 gp's and 1 hospitall doctor, all of which seem disintrested in my head problems and just keep prescribing migraine reliefs. The've checked my eyes, and blood pressure which now seems to be up whereas previously it had been normal.

Right onto the pains, sometimes they have been like pressure pains and centred around either my right or left side, sometimes feeling like i may pass out, these headaches were pretty constant for about a week but have now passed. However, i keep getting pains in the back of my head, espcially when lying on it, i also have a bit of a fatty lump on the back of my head that doctors are aware off. these headaches have been present when waking up and sometimes go or stay. it does feel a bit wierd to even touch the back bit of my head.

sorry it's a bit long, but please can someone tell me what to do, am i right to be worried, coz noone has been taking me seriously, should be said i am only 18 years old, and haven't experinced thesse types of headache before, i;ve never even had dizziness after eating my head.

marie1974
30-06-08, 17:36
ok and hi right i think u need to go back and see someone else and be firm and say you are very worried cos its not like u to feel this way and u want to be checked out properly hun. it will put your mind at reast otherwise u will just be worrying and in pain. be firm though and pushy if u have too its your right to be seen properly hugs xx

hendey
30-06-08, 17:39
thanks for replying and your kind words, That's one of my problems i'm not very pushy, i just had an appointment today, and got another one on friday, i'll just have to wait till then.

marie1974
30-06-08, 17:56
hiya well when u go friday mayb use that appointment to tell them exactly how scared you feel and how much u need to find out what is causing it. keep us posted as to how u get on and u will be fine hun. hugs to u xx

hendey
30-06-08, 18:13
so you don't think there's much to worry about then, could it be serious?

marie1974
30-06-08, 18:20
i wouldnt think it is no but i think u need to get it checked for your own peace of mind hun

bab
30-06-08, 19:44
did you tell the docs you hit your head - if you did and they said you ok then I wouldnt worry(imagine me saying that on this site, lol) as its more than their jobs worth to send you away after hitting your head so they must have been pretty sure! As Donna said though, explain exactly how your feeling and dont go away till you are satisfied

Kelly1984
02-07-08, 21:38
Hiya, i too have suffered from headaches for about 3 years or so. I started to get really painful ones which made me sick. I was told i suffer from migraines. Have had headaches the same as you are explaining, sometimes i waken up with them in the morning and have them all day, i was told to try a heat pack and massage my head as they aid it was tension and it seemed to work. I would be firm with the doctors though, i wanted a ct scan just to ease my mind but never actually had the guts to pressure the doctor into referring me for one but if you are worried then tell them, hopefully you have more guts than me:D x

hendey
04-07-08, 09:52
thanks for all your help guys, been booked up for an xray now, so hopefully things are going in the right direction at least, still it's no mri scan.