PDA

View Full Version : :( pins and needles with palps

lizs
30-06-08, 21:19
i keep getting pins and needles in my left arm and left leg not like pins and needles for sitting too long, it is really mind, also i feel breathless ALL day everyday and get palps/skipped/extra beats daily as well, im scared cause my auntie died of a H attack at 36 and she had pins and needles in her hands and feet and the dr told her she was hyperventilating. Ive had blood work a Ecg and echo and 2 holter monitors and was diagnosed with enign ectopic beats but i just cant see all the symptoms being nothing! i also feel ectopics when i sit down after running or something, i dont do much excersize now because i think it will kill me or something

Pixel
30-06-08, 21:30
I have pins and needled feelings usually in my hands and fingers and i also used to hav palpatations a lot. It is a symptom of anxiety and as long as you have been checked by the dr then i would just take it to be anxiety. Try distracting yourself with something that takes a lot of concentration and the symptom will probably calm down if it is anxiety.

Charlottie
30-06-08, 22:13
Pins and needles in your hands and arms are usualy symptoms of hyperventilating, so is feeling breathless. Try some slow deep breaths, exhaling for longer than you inhale. That should help.

EmmaJane
30-06-08, 22:19
I have this when I am anxious. Thing is it turns into a vicious circle, because the more you worry about the symptoms, the worse they will seem to get.

I know its hard, but if you try to relax, then the symptoms may wear off. If they do, then you will know they are from anxiety.

If you are really worried and cant calm it down, maybe go back to the doctors and tell then your concerns.