PDA

View Full Version : really fed up....

njay
01-07-08, 10:24
Hi guys,

Im really sorry to turn to yourself again but im really struggling here...

Im really after some advice as to what to do really, as im really in limbo in at the moment....

I've had "anxiety" or whatever this is for 12 years now, and it started like so many of you with a panic attack - middle of the night, woke up with my heart racing, dizziness, jelly legged etc and since that night i just havent been the same. As time wore on it became more that panic attacks -i could feel my heart all the time pulsating in my head,chest and feet,rapid heart at miminal activities (getting out of bed and showering),dizziness, i started to feel tired all the time and weak,unable to consentrate,body numbness and stomach pains. Well all this has terrified me to the point of madness - i've been to the doctors so many times i now have my own parking space, ive seen a cardiologist about 5 years ago had a number of E.C.Gs over the years , including 2 in a recent visit to the E & R as i was convicted i was having an heart attack.

Since last october everything seems to go up a notch i now feel bad 24/7 i never feel well, i now have vision problems and just feel well strange - like im not in my body and its numb alon with like apressure in my ears to add to my growing list of symptoms, i did see a neurologist a couple of weeks ago who couldn't find anything wrong and is sending me for a MRI scan (which i am dreadding) over the next month, - ive been taking meds for this for years, nothing changed, ive been to see different theopists at the hospital to be told they havent got the funding to run a course for CBT, i was refered to "share" which i have attended but again no real improvement - im really sorry but im lost as to what to do?? im sick of this, and im sick of having no life, i cant even keep a job as im always ill.Im fed up with thinking ive got a heart problem or brain tumour! - like i know so many people on here do...

Im really sorry this is a long post im just really fed up at the mo,

marie1974
01-07-08, 12:29
hiya hun im sorry u feeling so bad, the thing i find with HA is it is at its worst when we are feeling rubbish. so u need to mayb change things in your life and set some goals and do things that u would normally enjoy and try to boost your confidence, most importantly keep busy, less thinking time. the more we think the worse we feel. so try to keep busy in your days and if u feel yourself start to worry try and block it and find something to do and keep telling yourself if u had all these tests and docs say u r fine then u really are hun. hugs xxx

njay
02-07-08, 19:01
Thanks for the advice Donna,thing is its just so hard,im constantly tired, lightheaded, weak etc so differcult to do normal tasks - is there any way to switch off? just for a day feel better! , im so sure the results of the MRI scan will show something horrible, so sick of feeling ill all the time!!

marie1974
02-07-08, 19:47
hiya im sorry hun, its so difficult when u feel that bad. my only advice is try to keep to a routine and sleep and normal times and try not during day even if u want too, that way u will sleep at night and get into a routine during day of keeping busy and not thinking to much. ways to switch off mmm for me its just keeping busy. i am sure the mri scan will be fine though really. hugs xx