PDA

View Full Version : Seroplex

setay
01-07-08, 16:18
Hope someone can ally my fears about Seroplex. GP prescribed Prozac for me 3 weeks ago, tried it for 2.5 weeks but really messed me up. He has now prescribed Seroplex 5mg for 1st week and 10mg after that. Thought I would let Prozac clear before starting to take it. Searhced the web and have come across some really disturbing side effect cases - a large number here in France where I now live. I was prescribed Prozac because my depression - never got over losing my wife 2.5 years ago was getting worse.
If anyone can re-assure me about Seroplex -by the way, I think my French GP is absolutely magic.

joyce1980
01-07-08, 16:28
Is seroplex meant to be a brand name for paroxetine?

if it is that's what I take but I take 20mg and 10mg is the min dose as far as I am aware.

Let me know

bab
01-07-08, 19:50
Hi Setay

It is another brank of cipralex which I have just started.

setay
02-07-08, 11:11
Thhanks for the responses, it is Cipralex but marketed in France as Seruplex.. Bab, please can you keep me posted on how it goes for you, I am somewhat apprehensive. Never had to take anything like this before my skirmish with Prozac 3 weeks ago - been off that since last Saturday and most of the side effects from that have now disappeared, they were really scary and I am not normally that sort of person.
Thanks again,
Barrie

bab
02-07-08, 18:26
Hi Barrie,

I have been on a few of these meds - prozac really didnt agree with me as it made me really anxious. Its still early days for me but I will keep you posted x

setay
04-07-08, 17:24
Thanks bab. Since i have been on my own things have just got worse for me - no-one really close to allay my fears and concerns. 47 years of our lifetime of travel, well, that was our whole life and we didn't need anyone else.
Thank you again

Fragonard'sReader
19-01-11, 14:44
Hi, I hope someone will see this. I know it's been a while since you posted but I have just been given Seroplex [cipralex] after 8 years on Effexor and wondered how other people got on with it.
Many thanks

Joliet
26-08-12, 19:37
I hope some will reply to this. I've just started using Seroplex on 10mg, heading into my second week. I'm tired when I take it but after a few hours I feel better. I'm interested to hear from anyone that's taken seroplex for a long time.

Pipkin
26-08-12, 20:09
Joliet - this is an old thread. You'd be better starting a new thread in the escitalopram/lexapro/cipralex forum. Seroplex is the brand name in France which isn't really recognised in the UK or US so you should get more replies this way.

Pip

swgrl09
26-08-12, 20:10
Is that the same as escitalopram? I googled, and I think it is ... I have just been prescribed it at 10 mg and haven't taken the first pill yet! I will take it tonight before bed ...just wanted to wait until my fiance came home so I wouldn't be alone when taking it.

We should keep in touch to compare what we are going through, I am quite nervous about it but know I need help.

Joliet
26-08-12, 20:36
Swgrl09 - I just sent you a message to your inbox but not sure if you've received it. I'm sorry, I'm quite new to this website and only just figuring how to use it.

reglois
26-08-12, 20:56
I hope some will reply to this. I've just started using Seroplex on 10mg, heading into my second week. I'm tired when I take it but after a few hours I feel better. I'm interested to hear from anyone that's taken seroplex for a long time.

Sorry you feel you have to take Seroplex. Please be aware that in some people the withdrawal symptoms can be severe even when done slowly over several months,:weep: believe me I know; I have now been off them for 2 weeks and still have such severe side effects that are worse than the reason I went on them in the first place, ie the sudden death of my husband, do hope you can find some other way of coping

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------