PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing Stomach

slavetoanxiety
01-07-08, 16:50
Hi Folks

Just wondered if anybody has the symptom of rubbing their stomach as part of their anxiety. I have had lots of tests and my doctor and I have come to the concluesion that although you can never be 100% sure she feels that my pain is anxiety related, which I can accept because i know I am very anxious at the moment. But i cant stop rubbing my stomach although I know that poking and prodding makes things worse, i seem to keep stroking and rubbing almost like an expectant mother (i'm a man).
Does anybody else do this?

Thanks

Slave

milly jones
01-07-08, 20:21
hi slave

when im anx i rub a spot on my bald patch on my head, hence the hair finds it difficult to grow back

think its like sucking ur thumb, somehow get comfort from it

strange hey lol

milly xxx

precious78
02-07-08, 12:32
I rub my chest where I presume my heart is. In fact I poke in between my ribs and then it gets sore!

dawny
02-07-08, 18:40
hi slave,

i always rub my stomach when im anxious, i think its because panic starts there and i try and rub it away....lol

dawny

baxwalker
04-07-08, 18:03
Hi Slave

Yep - me too (I'm male or at least I was last time I looked). The missus is always telling me off for rubbing my stomach - she can't understand that it soothes me when I'm feeling anxious. My stomach is my weak point and is where anxiety seemd to live for me. Trouble is the more I'm asked not to do it, the more I seem to need to do it. I also have the thing of bouncing my right leg up and down when seated. I've noticed a lot of other people doing this.

John

JoT
04-07-08, 18:07
Yes, this is totally understandable. It is comforting to rub your tum when anxious, i do it naturally to my children when they are upset.

My 'thing' is picking my skin around my cuticals, so bad that my fingers bleed and are permanently red around the nail - I leave little piles of skin around everywhere. Even my kids tell me to stop but I just can't because i find it relaxing.

The more you are told not to do something the more you get the urge to to it.

slavetoanxiety
04-07-08, 19:30
Hi Slave

Yep - me too (I'm male or at least I was last time I looked). The missus is always telling me off for rubbing my stomach - she can't understand that it soothes me when I'm feeling anxious. My stomach is my weak point and is where anxiety seemd to live for me. Trouble is the more I'm asked not to do it, the more I seem to need to do it. I also have the thing of bouncing my right leg up and down when seated. I've noticed a lot of other people doing this.

John

Hi John

Funny, as well as the stomach rubbing, i bounce my right leg up and down as well.

regards

Slave