PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Beck
01-07-08, 18:25
Hi Everybody

I just signed up, it's late here in PERTH, Australia and I've got and assesment tomorrow morning.

I've been reading what different AD's and anxiety meds people are on and decided to sign up.

I suffer from severe major depression and genralised axiety. I've tried sereral different meds over the years mosley different sleeping ones - benzies and other "non adictive" types. Fore the pass 8 or 9 years I'd been taking Fluroxitine, which is Prozac, or Lovan or Zactin was the brands I ussually used for treatment of my depression - All the same stuff.

Just 6 months ago I changed to Effexor XR - the change over was fine - I have a great Phyc who helped me do the the transition quickly and safley - when I say quickly I mean over about 3 weeks to a month. But yeah it was a bit risky taking SSRI's and SRNI's at the same time.

I got sick about 2 months ago with the flu that lasted about 10 days and as a result I had a major depressive episode. I didn't even relise how bad it was and how badly it was effecting my thoughts, relationships, work, study, and genral health - until my Phyc told me! He's since upped my dose from 150mgs to 225mgs (for 2 weeks), and on Monday I started my new full dose of 300mgs - I'm feeling much better.

I have more to tell about how this drug has affected my sleeping, but I think I have it sorted now - I may not have been taking enough?

For now, I have to go to bed - it's 1:24am and as I said I've got an assesment in the morrning then a heap of work to do to hand my portfolio in - I say good nyt from Down Under xo

chalky
01-07-08, 18:27
Hi Beck,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

milly jones
01-07-08, 18:57
well hello and welcome to nmp

lovely to have new members joining

great that nmp has spread worldwide too

hope u find all that u are looking for here hun

love milly xx :hugs:

Nibbles
01-07-08, 20:42
Hi Beck and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Southern_Belle
01-07-08, 23:03
Hi Beck,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

Lindalou64
02-07-08, 21:16
Hello Beck And Welcome ...wish Ya Well........linda

nomorepanic
06-07-08, 17:07
Hi Beck

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get some great support and advice here.

weeble40
12-07-08, 17:22
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx